Swordie takes on lake fishing in the UK

We are in England at present at my daughter’s wedding, a grand and beautiful event in Welwyn Garden City about 30 mins out of London.

Wedding over and Swordfisherman Stewy decides to try fishing. As “luck” has it there just happened to be a tackle shop 2 streets away from our hotel! Loaded with a new rod, reel etc etc he went to a local lake. Of course he met up with some local young folk camping there and fished with them. Hello to young anglers Charlie and Lauren and Dylan. Look at his first capture and the smile says it all. On another note thank you Stewy for your support and helping behind the scenes at the wedding. You earned your fishing day enjoy it and tight lines xxx

33DC67E0-E18B-4412-AC96-9CAE6E8274AF.jpegE3180B1B-45E5-4C03-8BDE-FEDC4AB7D63C.jpeg

• Like 7

Hope you resisted the urge to "knock it on the head" Stewy. Would have cost you a small fortune to catch that over there I imagine. Licence fees, day permits and enough tackle to fill a trailer...certainly makes you appreciate the fantastic fishing opportunities which we enjoy. Safe travels to you both, bn

• Like 1

Stewy & Donna, while there go and have a meal at the East restaurant it's on the B197 just near the lake. One of the best meals I had in Britain last time I was there and it's right on your door step. 20 years since I been there but still remember the meal.

Oh and have fun.

Frank

• Like 1