Anyone Fishing Offshore Port Stephens Tomorrow?

Berleyguts

The forecast is not looking too bad for tomorrow. I somehow earned a leave pass from the missus, so I’m heading out. Not exactly sure where yet... I’d love to go to the FAD but as I’m solo, I might not chance it and will probably head north. Maybe fish the FAD on Monday if Scratchie’s free. If I don’t sleep in, I’ll aim to leave the ramp around 5 and will see what it’s like when I’m out there. If any Raiders are out, call me up on VHF... I monitor 16, 71 & 80. My call sign is Sea Miner but you can use Berleyguts if you want to! I want to try for a beakie while I still have a chance, then I’ve promised AmbushAngler I’ll get him a few more blue spot flathead for his research project. Don’t know if there are still kings around the pens. Broughton? Maybe...

A local told me that there are an absolute blanket of tailor around at the moment. He said he's been picking up Kings trolling around near Broughton. Said he was heading out Saturday to chase Tuna and some more kings. 

Good luck tomorrow, look forward to reading the report. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hey baz im goin up the island bought lunchtime before wind gets up   sleepin onite  then fish morn for re ds  then couple of hours for longtails n cobes...rick

Good luck with that, Rick. Might see you on my way back in. I might try Broughton first, then swing back to the V and finish with a flatty drift near the pens and maybe swing by Boondelbah for some bonnies. Will see what it’s like in the morning.

I’ve gotta work all weekend. ?

Edited by Berleyguts

39 minutes ago, garfield28 said:

A local told me that there are an absolute blanket of tailor around at the moment. He said he's been picking up Kings trolling around near Broughton. Said he was heading out Saturday to chase Tuna and some more kings. 

Good luck tomorrow, look forward to reading the report. 

A solid longtail came out of the bay today by a client of the local estuary sportfishing charter. I must follow him one day! ?

Broughton reds are plenty! If your trolling, try the eastern side of little island from the bommie and troll north. We landed 5 Bonnie’s and a king in 5 mins there last week. King pens are done and dusted but the flatty drift there still good. 

I’m good to go on Monday baz but thinking snapper and longtail. Up to you if you want to go to the fad. Waiting on reports tomorrow from the team! 

8 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

How did you end up going mate 

Not so good. Should have read Scratchie’s tip above! I practically had the ocean to myself. A bit lumpy heading to Broughton but it settled down and was beautiful up there. I made it for the high tide. 2nd cast of the soft plastic earned me a red rock cod. Then, nothing. Fishing baits all I got was rubbish. Got a small flathead which was followed to the boat by a small hammerhead. Water was 20.6 and not much run. Trolled a skirt and Xmas tree east of Broughton and back to the V for zip. Went to the pens and all was quiet there except for a seal playing around next to them. There are only 2 pens left now- don’t know what’s going on. Tried my usual flathead drift but it was slow going. No double and triple hookups like past outings. A few small ones. Managed 3 bluespots to 45 plus 1 kept alive for handover to marine biologist Raider @AmbushAngler who drove all the way up from Sydney to collect him. The fishing gods did not smile on me today, I’m afraid! I’m sure it’s just me because other people are getting fish!