Brisbane Waters Flathead

tyrone07

Hearing mixed reports lately of some Jew poking around I thought it was about time I gave them another crack with a high change just after dark. Threw a combination of plastics and soft vibes and marked some good fish but could not tempt them. Landed this cracker flatty though as a by catch which was 2cms shy of my PB but was well and truely heavier. She was released after a quick photo. Kept a few smaller models for some beer battered flathead tails tomorrow night!!!

134F5712-4849-40C1-8A25-9C0664A67327.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ribs said:

That's a cracker mate, and well done on the release . How deep did u get her ? 

Hey mate in  7 meters, drops off to around eleven. Was caught on a bigger Samaki vibe in midori mullet colour 

Just wondering with the vibes I've never used them before do you jig them just up and down off the bottom or? Gonna try and catch a couple of yellow belly next time I go to wyangala dam and I've heard they don't mind em 

On 13/04/2018 at 2:55 PM, Omally said:

Just wondering with the vibes I've never used them before do you jig them just up and down off the bottom or? Gonna try and catch a couple of yellow belly next time I go to wyangala dam and I've heard they don't mind em 

Hey mate I am normally searching for fish so always casting, but they are just as effective drifting and lifting up and down, little bit of scent the flattys can not resist