Fishraider and Deckee have united to provide more tools and advice for boating and fishing enthusiasts!

Today is a big day for Fishraider!

I’m excited to let you all know that Fishraider has been acquired by Deckee, Australia’s leading reviews and recommendations website for marine enthusiasts, to provide more helpful tools and services to everyone that loves getting out on the water.

Whilst Deckee is now the owner of Fishraider, I want to firstly assure you that the Fishraider forum will not be going anywhere, and neither will I. Fishraider will continue to operate as a standalone website, and I am thrilled to be continuing on as your Community Manager. It will also remain 100% free to use.

Fishraider will still be your favourite place to come and post about your fishing adventures, share your tips and fish recipes and chat about latest tackle and boating. Our moderating team will still be as obliging and attentive as usual!

Deckee is revolutionising the marine industry here in Australia with their broad range of free tools and services for anyone that enjoys being on the water. Their vision, values and approach mirror what Fishraider has been focused on since 2004.

Stewy and I are thrilled to join forces with the Deckee crew with a continued commitment to helping fishing and boating enthusiasts learn, discuss and connect with one another in a safe and welcoming environment online.

So a big welcome Mike and the Deckee team, and I sincerely thank you all for making Fishraider the amazing community and resource it has become. Exciting times ahead!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

G’day all, and thank you for the warm welcome Donna!

It’s great to be here and I’m looking forward to answering any questions you all have, so please feel free to fire away.

A bit about me... my pathway into the marine industry began after high school as a humble dockmaster at a local marina. Over a period of nine years I met and assisted several thousand anglers and boaters in that time. Lots of different personalities, nationalities and ages. And plenty of different boats! Powerboats, trailerboats, yachts, cruisers... you name it, I’ve probably tied one to a dock or refuelled it...

All the conversations I had during that time eventually sparked the idea for Deckee, a free website that would function as a ‘TripAdvisor for Boaters’. Anyone could read and write reviews and recommendations of local marine businesses, boats, anchorages, fishing spots, insurance, gear and equipment to help them make better decisions.

One thing lead to another, and I met my eventual co-founder Jessica Watson, who I am sure many of you will remember sailing around the world solo at age 16 back in 2010. Jess shared my passion to help Aussies who love the water share advice and information with one another.

When we launched Deckee in 2015, initially we spent a lot of time focusing on how we can help the cruising and sailing community in Australia. Fast forward to today, over 2000 reviews have been contributed to Deckee by our awesome members! We have a extensive marine directory, dozens of location guides, and the world’s first boat insurance comparison tool. Plus much more to come... 

By welcoming Fishraider to our extended community, we can now start to help a much larger group of Aussies that enjoy the marine lifestyle in a variety of ways. In other words - all of you.... the fishos!

As Donna mentioned, she’ll be staying on as Community Manager. I’ve spent many months talking with Donna and Stewy and seen firsthand their passion and dedication to fostering a helpful and respectful community here on Fishraider. We share a lot of the same values and I’m excited to combine forces with them to serve you all.

As you may have noticed, we’ve refreshed the look and feel of Fishraider to make it more modern, fun, and inviting for new anglers visiting the forum. Over coming weeks we’ll be sharing some cool new ideas that we think you will love too. Along the way we’ll be asking you all for feedback and you will have the opportunity to share your opinion on different features. Fishraider will always remain free to use and we are working hard to bring great advertising partners on board (along with our existing ones) which will help us invest in the long term future of Fishraider!

We are also aiming to organise a special Fishraider community meet up, which will be held in Sydney in the next few months. I'm hoping to have more details on that for you soon....

Thanks again Fishraiders, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Cheers,
Mike (The Pilchard)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Welcome aboard Mike (pilchard haha) and the deckee team! By the sounds of your passion for the ocean and everything associated with it you have acquired a premium family friendly website that holds a wealth of knowledge. It’s great to see the swordies have remained as community managers as their passion and experience is second to none! 

I look forward to the exciting times ahead for Fishraider! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to Deckee, Mike and the team. I logged on early this morning (not unusual for an insomniac) and noticed the "new format". So I start scrolling through points of interest and am greeted by the news that has been announced.

Firstly I want to say that Donna and Stewy, along with the team of moderators, have built this site into the #1 forum that has spanned the test of time. Their passion and commitment knows no boundaries! At this point in time I'm a little bewildered, but know that Donna and Stewy have a plan. It involves keeping FISHRAIDER as a thriving community for anglers and boaters, of all levels. So I look forward to seeing how the site develops in the future and wish you every success Mike.

To Donna and Stewy... I hope that you guys get to enjoy a little more time "smelling the roses". No doubt the future will hold lots of special memories for you both, just as the past has. Thank you for keeping Fishraider viable and I trust you will enjoy your new roles with Fishraider. Cheers, bn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Mike and team!

looking forward to seeing some of your ideas for Fishraider.

A big thank you to the swordies for everything they have done with/for Fishraider until now, and it’s great to see you guys staying on, wouldn’t be the same without you!

cheers

jonno

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Mike and the Deckee team. 

Looking forward to what will be coming up. 

Thank you again, Donna and Stew for what fishraider is today. 

Cheers

Rah

• Like 3

Congrats Stewie and Donna! A new chapter begins. Very happy that Mike and his team are now on board to take your little baby to greater heights.

Do you guys feel like Parzival and Art3mis at the end of a long quest? :D

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, pmak said:

Congrats Stewie and Donna! A new chapter begins. Very happy that Mike and his team are now on board to take your little baby to greater heights.

Do you guys feel like Parzival and Art3mis at the end of a long quest? :D

Oh Peter we have certainly got high level attributes and plenty of stealth and defensive/offensive moves after all the years :)

It has been a wild ride so far hasn’t it

• Like 1

Donna and Stewy

Sad to hear that you have handed over the lines of Fishraider. 

I joined in October 2005 and Geoff soon followed.

We have loved being a part of such a successful group.

We would never have met and become such good friends if it wasn’t for Fishraider.

We hope you have an exciting future ahead of you both.

PS: I didn’t include the most important thing.

Thank you to Donna and Stewy for all their hard work making Fishraider what it is now.

Edited by Dalucius
  • Like 3

Welcome Mike and Deckee

I would love to hear what your vision for Fishraider entails. I hope that the Fishraider spirit can continue on through your plans for the future of this site.  We are a bunch of passionate and team spirited folk so please keep us in mind 

• Like 3

Hey GoingFishing, we're certainly aware of the passion and camaraderie here in the forum and we'll only be looking to strengthen those qualities in the future. I don't want to give away too much right now because I don't want to spoil any surprises, but you can rest assured knowing the forum itself will always keep its current format that everyone loves  :thumbup:

If you have any ideas for Fishraider that you would like to see come to life, please let me know. We're listening!

• Like 5

Congratulations on the merge! I know Swordie and Mrs Swordie have put a lot of their lives into Fishraider and that is why it is so successful! I have held off from commenting from a few days while I watched to see how it went and I am not disappointed. Deckee even appeared in my Facebook feed yesterday and I read an article from Jessica Watson on knots.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 3

Thanks everyone for comments. 

We have tried very hard to find new landlords to take care of the house! Deckee are visionary and have the resources to ensure fishraider remains a happy and informative place for raiders to keep enjoying and sharing their fishing experiences. 

Looking forward to the changes ;)

• Like 3