Chase Bait Squid.

bluefin

I tried one the other day but no takers! I plan to use the ones I have this week so I’ll let you know. The action of them is definitely different to the usual sps. My plan is to use a lighter jig and leave in the holder drifting behind the boat. Either that or cast and retrieve with long loops. 

I think during winter chasing snapper that they may come into their own! Only way is to get out and have a go! 

I’m interested in other people’s experiences too! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, antonywardle said:

I bought some this week. Found them in the bargain bin. Maybe that says how good they are?

Not sure how I'll be rigging them

That says exactly how good they are! As per comment above, I tried them on a few trips for only one taker. That was drifting behind me. Might be ok on a paternoster rig fishing deep. 🤔 

• Like 1

I caught a kingfish on one a the 3rd runway, Botany Bay. Also had a kingfish follow the lure right up to the boat at the container wall. Usually the kingies at these spots are very fussy and will only look at fresh squid or livebait. 

• Like 1

I’ve still got a few. I used them last year in the bottom of a paternoster and got a few flathead plus other assorted species. I also used them weightless just on a hook and got a few flatties on the drift. Haven’t really fished them actively though. They do seem to move through the water well, though.

• Like 1

my mate has one. We have fished with them for kings around the harbour. Had a meter kingy follow one up but it was charged up from another being hooked on a real squid and it still did not take the bait. This seemed to happen when hte kingy got within striking distance and turned away. These lures look quite real but they smell like a plastic factory. it has had a few days worth of casting and no hits but we have recently cleaned them and then covered them in real squid slime. 

Haven't used the lures since but now that they smell realistic to some extent now they might be a candidate for some catches. Mainly I do not recommend they catch your eye more than they catch fish.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve caught a kingfish on the smaller pink one a while back. Rigged it with a quarter ounce jighead and let it drift through the water column. Went back that day and bought two more packs of them at $5 each and haven’t caught a single thing on them since.