Sydney snapper fishing advice

jarvis689

Hi all, 

I appreciate that people like to keep their spots secret but I am at my wits end. 

I've spent 20+ years catching small reds in the hawkesbury system and never a keeper. 

My best guess at the moment is to head offshore and drift across broken ground off the northern beaches...? No idea... 

Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers 

MJ 

Are you fishing dawn and dusk periods? (including first and last light?).

Most of my legal reds in Sydney are caught during this time (including in estuaries).

By heading outside aimlessly and fishing broken ground you might strike it lucky, youre better off doing some reading, follow Rick's snapper reports, he has shared some excellent info (depth, structure, timing, current etc) in them that will get you on the fish.   

There was an excellent post late last year if i remember where someone asked for help fishing for reds and scratchie and rick just let loose on the tips, try seek the post out.

• Like 1

Hi Mate I fish pretty hard for snapper over the winter months out of Broken bay.  If you are going to fish bait its best to anchor up on the edge of structure & burley. Lightly or unweight larger baits drifted down the trail should connect you to some reds. The bay in front of Newport beach is a good place to start. I will try put a report up when I next try for Snapper. 

Cheers