Need some info on the Stockton area please

Cage

Hi all,

New member (I've done the intro thing) and new to fishing in the Newcastle area. I've also had a 20 year break and got old.

My main interests are beach for flathead and whiting, and blackfish, both luderick and pigs. Of course I'll take anything else edible that takes my bait. :-rolleyes

I had a good look at Stockton beach and breakwall yesterday and it looks promising. The little beach on the south side was covered in tons of mullet which the pros had just netted.

I have a 4WD so the beach should generally have a gutter or two. The end of the breakwall looked a possibility for pigs.

OK, some questions.

Is there a bait shop in Stockton, or a shop that you can get it from on the way in from Morpeth ?

Good luderick spots in the lower Hunter ? Your second-best secret possie will be fine.   

Any other useful info for the Stockton area ? I find Stockton appealing because of it's handy location and easy access to the water.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cage

I used to live up that way have caught many luderick from the Harbour side of the Stockton break wall about 2/3 of the way up, used the string green weed size 10 green hook. You used to be able to get for free at here the-green-weed-bait-tank-revised-2016.pd

not sure if it’s still around but handy to call in to on your way if coming from inland. 

From the end you can get a lot of stuff, just watch the waves 

hope this helps 

• Thanks 1