Daiwa Demon Blood 17 962MH

CJay

Gday Raiders,

just a quick big up review for the Daiwa Demon Blood 17 stick, purchased one a month ago (shout out to  Dinga) to try something different and it has blown my mind!

I Switched over from an older model Yamaga Sniper that has definately been through the mill a few times, and the results were awesome.

Casting distances upto 100m with a tail wind using 65g metals,  i literally have never seen that much line fly off the spool before fishing with lures, it loads up like a dream and releases like a missile . For long sessions spinning (3-4hours) averaging about 60m each cast with minimum effort, this stick has some beef whilst taking alot of pressure off the angler, im now in range of the local bommies off the headlands here and my hookup rate has gone up twofold! Pics to come soon after the next part of my trip :fisher:

To sum it up if you looking at buying one of these id highly reccommend it!

Tight Lines! B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep they perform amazing for the money.

I've got the older model and it outcasts all my other 9ft spin sticks(T-Curve offshore). 65 and 85g raiders it pelts with ease and has alot of power to handle a good fish off the rocks.

If i'm going to be doing any sort of lure work off the rocks/beach it is my goto rod.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, CJay said:

Gday Raiders,

just a quick big up review for the Daiwa Demon Blood 17 stick, purchased one a month ago (shout out to  Dinga) to try something different and it has blown my mind!

I Switched over from an older model Yamaga Sniper that has definately been through the mill a few times, and the results were awesome.

Casting distances upto 100m with a tail wind using 65g metals,  i literally have never seen that much line fly off the spool before fishing with lures, it loads up like a dream and releases like a missile . For long sessions spinning (3-4hours) averaging about 60m each cast with minimum effort, this stick has some beef whilst taking alot of pressure off the angler, im now in range of the local bommies off the headlands here and my hookup rate has gone up twofold! Pics to come soon after the next part of my trip :fisher:

To sum it up if you looking at buying one of these id highly reccommend it!

Tight Lines! B)

Hi CJay,

Someone I have recently corrupted is now looking at a slightly heavier spinning outfit. A fishing mate recommended the Demon Blood series so I found your review very interesting.

What reel and line (brand, rating and length) did you match it up with?

Regards,

Derek

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry took a while been pretty wrapped up atm , 

I run  a 6500 hi speed  slammer 3  with 50lb tasline, breaks well over 80lb and managed to get just short of 500m on the spool thanks to Taslines super thin diameter, casts poppers and slugs a mile and knocked over some solid Gts easy up the coast.

Also just acquired the four piece heavy popping rod thats replaced my temple reef stick and ive coupled it with a dog fight on 32kg WTF thats getting tested up North in a couple weeks il keep yous posted!

On 6/13/2018 at 6:00 PM, PelagicQuest said:

Thanks for the review :) At the moment I am tossing up between a Demon Blood 17 or a Daiwa Saltist Hyper 962 or a Nitro Rockstar for land based kingies. Very torn at the moment not sure which one I want :S 

Id go the Demon brother but ive never handled a Nitro, I like the Japanese sticks hey,   the Saltist dont seem to have that backbone like the Demons do which is what you want if your tangling with Hoodlums trying to brick you on reef/bommies

On 6/13/2018 at 1:28 PM, DerekD said:

Hi CJay,

Someone I have recently corrupted is now looking at a slightly heavier spinning outfit. A fishing mate recommended the Demon Blood series so I found your review very interesting.

What reel and line (brand, rating and length) did you match it up with?

Regards,

Derek

Hey Derek atm ive got  a 6500 hi speed slammer 3 , spooled up with 500m of 50lb Tasline (breaks way over 80lb), i tried a couple Cabos and smaller Saltist reels but the balance wasnt quite right 

14 minutes ago, CJay said:

Hey Derek atm ive got  a 6500 hi speed slammer 3 , spooled up with 500m of 50lb Tasline (breaks way over 80lb), i tried a couple Cabos and smaller Saltist reels but the balance wasnt quite right 

Hi CJay,

Was wondering where you had gotten to as you are usually pretty quick to respond. Welcome back.

Thanks for the info on the Penn reel. Will have to look at that one too. I walked into a store and ended up picking up the Saltist Hyper 962XHS before you put up your comments about the Demonblood. Since it was to fill a gap in my fishing arsenal it should still do what I want it to.

Regards,

Derek