Which shimano reel for lure fishing

fishii

Hi All

Would like to know your thoughts on which reel would be better for lure fishing on the rocks is it better to use a saragosa sw  10000 / 20000 or an ultegra ci4+ 140000 xtc surf reel 

Thanks

Probably more suited to a 5000 or 6000. You will find that you arms will get tired very quickly with a 10k or 20 gosa

Iv knocked over bonnies and rat kings with my stradic c5000fk with no issues. only just upgraded to a spheros jdm 6000 for the waterproofness. and my 10k gosa soaks bait.

I use a Shimano salty advance shore jigging s906mh and that now has a spheros 6000sw on it.

I have upgraded the original fuji Oring guides to Fuji k alconite rings

Edited by xerotao
grammer

Go the 8000 Saragosa, it's higher speed than the 10000 so better for casting slugs and stickbaits (not as tiring casting and retrieving all day)

Still has 12kg of drag and can fit just under 300m of 40lb power pro, so if you put on a high quality japanese braid with a smaller diameter you can fit more on the spool for when you go out and hook a big longtail ;)

Ty dan100

On 4/22/2018 at 8:39 PM, xerotao said:

Not sure which model you are referring to. but you are more suited to a rod from 8'6" to 11'

Ty which rod do you use so I can look it up .

2 hours ago, fishii said:
On 4/22/2018 at 9:23 PM, xerotao said:

I use a Shimano salty advance shore jigging s906mh and that now has a spheros 6000sw on it.

I have upgraded the original fuji Oring guides to Fuji k alconite rings

Ty which rod do you use so I can look it up .