FOUND .......Public Works NSW Seabed Charts 1989 - Bate Bay

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

I currently have copies of the seabed charts that public works carried out in 1989. They are very useful charts for diving and fishing. 

There are four sections of the chart.

Gosford

Broken Bay

Sydney Heads

Bate Bay

Up until today i was not aware that one existed for Bate Bay. I have copies of the sydney heads and broken bay charts. 

Would anyone have a copy of the chart for Bate Bay? I would be willing to pick up/return the charts from your location. I will have the chart scanned in high resolution at my own cost and reprinted in A1/A0 and provide you with both electronic and hard copies for your troubles.

Please PM if you have a copy and we can discuss further. 

Thanks Sam

Edited by GoingFishing

I have Broken bay, sydney heads and bate bay. I  Only used the Bate bay one as I fished out of Port Hacking all the time.  In your above picture of the  Bate bay chart there is a reef we called boomerang reef due to its shape on the chart, you can only see part of it in your picture it is outside the two smaller reefs east of the port hacking, we caught good reds and other reef fish there by anchoring and berlying or just drifting.  The charts show Jibbon reef, osborne shoals, the wanderes, the merries, the hole off wanda beach (sand) and other reef stucture.  Again not shown on your above picture is a couple of sand gutters that run into the reef off Cape Bailey lighthouse, this area was our go to spot as long as the current wasnt racing.  We would anchor and fish floating baits with minimal lead and we pulled numerous snapper from there, if we didnt get a 5lb fish we had a bad day.  The biggest from this spot 13.5lbs and on that day we also got a 13lb  one.  Some days we would get several good fish.  We used full pillies with a single 4/0 hook with the small sinker running to the hook.  We didnt berley as this attracted the sweep which were then a pain..  Sorry for carrying on but the above picture brought back some memerios.  I dont fish outside anymore as I sold my seafarer viking which I still regret about 8 years ago.  I reckon it would still fish the same as when I fished years ago (we fished this spot for around 10 years).  Also hooked a thresher shark there which I think are rare catch.  Cheers all Glenn.

If anyone else is interested in these maps, it looks like they are available from Macquarie University library. Not sure what restrictions they have on copying etc. Sam, looking at the link below, it does indeed look like you have the whole set now.

https://multisearch.mq.edu.au/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=MQ_ALMA2181380970002171&context=L&vid=MQ&lang=en_US&search_scope=PC_PLUS_LOCAL&adaptor=Local Search Engine&tab=books_more&query=any,contains,seabed information&sortby=rank&offset=0

Cheers,

Ian

2 hours ago, lillie said:

I have Broken bay, sydney heads and bate bay. I  Only used the Bate bay one as I fished out of Port Hacking all the time.  In your above picture of the  Bate bay chart there is a reef we called boomerang reef due to its shape on the chart, you can only see part of it in your picture it is outside the two smaller reefs east of the port hacking, we caught good reds and other reef fish there by anchoring and berlying or just drifting.  The charts show Jibbon reef, osborne shoals, the wanderes, the merries, the hole off wanda beach (sand) and other reef stucture.  Again not shown on your above picture is a couple of sand gutters that run into the reef off Cape Bailey lighthouse, this area was our go to spot as long as the current wasnt racing.  We would anchor and fish floating baits with minimal lead and we pulled numerous snapper from there, if we didnt get a 5lb fish we had a bad day.  The biggest from this spot 13.5lbs and on that day we also got a 13lb  one.  Some days we would get several good fish.  We used full pillies with a single 4/0 hook with the small sinker running to the hook.  We didnt berley as this attracted the sweep which were then a pain..  Sorry for carrying on but the above picture brought back some memerios.  I dont fish outside anymore as I sold my seafarer viking which I still regret about 8 years ago.  I reckon it would still fish the same as when I fished years ago (we fished this spot for around 10 years).  Also hooked a thresher shark there which I think are rare catch.  Cheers all Glenn.

Glenn sounds like the hacking was a very productive space ! You should look into purchasing another offshore  rig!

1 hour ago, Windswept said:

If anyone else is interested in these maps, it looks like they are available from Macquarie University library. Not sure what restrictions they have on copying etc. Sam, looking at the link below, it does indeed look like you have the whole set now.

https://multisearch.mq.edu.au/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=MQ_ALMA2181380970002171&context=L&vid=MQ&lang=en_US&search_scope=PC_PLUS_LOCAL&adaptor=Local Search Engine&tab=books_more&query=any,contains,seabed information&sortby=rank&offset=0

Cheers,

Ian

Cheers Ian

that is where i found the map ! For anyone else thats interested it is on level 1 of the library,  file is numbered G8971.C2/s-25 .N48

Your not allowed to borrow the map so i had to scan it in 8 A3 sections

that being said i am in the process of getting a full size scan in A0 and will keep those who are interested updated

On 4/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, GoingFishing said:

that being said i am in the process of getting a full size scan in A0 and will keep those who are interested updated

I'm definitely interested in the Sydney one (but understand if you're not just handing out copies freely)! Would save me a trip to the library though ;-)

On 26/04/2018 at 8:33 PM, GoingFishing said:

Glenn sounds like the hacking was a very productive space ! You should look into purchasing another offshore  rig!

Cheers Ian

that is where i found the map ! For anyone else thats interested it is on level 1 of the library,  file is numbered G8971.C2/s-25 .N48

Your not allowed to borrow the map so i had to scan it in 8 A3 sections

I would love a copy too and will cover your costs if you could make an extra copy.