Sign in to follow this  
bluefin

Jew Rod

I need a Jew rod, 7'. single handed. Cast weight up to 45 grams, 1 1/2 0z. 6 to 8 kg . And light weight. The only one I can find is a Veritas. 3. Any comments on this rod? Thanks Howard.

You could check out the Terez split but rods have a look at both the white and black series The 1-20lb and 15-30lb models. There isn't a cast rating on them but they would be around your range. The white and black models are slightly different in the hand to each other so look at both. I like my white 10-20lb one but you might think that the action is a bit slow or not like the feel of the reel seat.

For something different the Crucis 7'10" travel rod goes ok. It is in that weight range and casts those weights you are talking about well. Its a 4 piece so hides well in the car or cabin of your boat, fits in a suit case, straps to a backpack. I use both of those rods described as my snapper plastic rods. The terez is good for drifting squid jigs too

The Samurai Kestrels are nice pieces of kit if you can afford them. If they're a bit pricey (which they can be at $500) I'd look into the Arrowz Offshore rods, the 25lb rod would suit your described scenario perfectly.

13 hours ago, Niffa said:

The Samurai Kestrels are nice pieces of kit if you can afford them. If they're a bit pricey (which they can be at $500) I'd look into the Arrowz Offshore rods, the 25lb rod would suit your described scenario perfectly.

Thank You.