Pittwater Land Based

joking fish

Another barmy afternoon has produced more fish. I'd like to say i'm sick of posting but the truth is I live and breath this stuff. I arrived at Palm Beach in Pittwater around 3 pm and fished until sunset. I forgot to buy some chook pellets but I did have some tuna oil on me so I drizzled a few drops into the water upon my arrival. Again there was plenty of micro bait in the water which is a promising sign for the oncoming Winter species such as Trevally, Australian Salmon and Tailor.

Today I caught my biggest ever Snapper (land based) It measured 35 cm beating my old pb by 1 cm. For what it's worth it's a small up[grade. I also caught 2 Trevally. The bigger one was 37 cm and the smaller one was 32 cm. Best of all I caught a 49 cm Flathead. I can't wait to cook it up in some beer batter. I have been doing this recently with a serve of homemade chips and a side of Tarte Sauce. In my opinion fish doesn't get much better than this.

Right at the end of the day a man pulled up to the wharf with his boat he offered me 3/4 of a bag of 1 kg Pilchards. I didn't hessitate to accept. He said "the reason I am giving them away is because I fish with lures." After wishing me good luck he drove off. I now have a considerable amount of Pilchards in the freezer for next time. I used only about half of my own 2 kg bag so I have plenty of amo in my arsenal for next time. I hope that my next report will be as productive as my last few. On another note I have been catching some decent Reds in Pittwater lately. I went out a few days ago and caught 2 Pinkies around the 30 cm mark, however I didn't report this in Fish Raider. This is a good omen for me because it means the size and bags limits must be working. In the last 3 weeks I have caught at least 5 legal Reds. Is this a sign things are improving in our Estuaries? I am keen to hear peoples opinion on this. Until next time tight lines.

20180501_192401.jpg