How To Rig Squid Strips?

KingsRule

Hey, i was just wondering how to rig squid strips for kings. I have heard many ways to do it but am not to sure which is correct (threading it around the hook, pinning it at one end etc)

Any tips appriciated

Edited by KingsRule

I rekon dont muck around shove the whole squid on there at once...heaps more enticing for the fish too. Freshly frozen or live squid on whole will emit the ink and act as berley trail for you. Even still strip bait if fresh will work as well but IMO just not as good.

I rig on strips the same way i rig on wholes... a twin hook rig snelled with hook sizes to suit the bait. If i use whole squid i use a combination of 6/0 and 7/0 snelled hooks. One is hooked through the head with the point coming out through about 1 inch into the body, the other hook is secured into the body about half way down (this rig is for dead whole squid). If the squid is alive i pin it once through the tail end of the body one a single hook rig to minimise damage.

With strips i still use a twin hook rig but hook sizes to match the size of the bait. Simple put one hook through the top section of the bait and the second half way down the bait, no half hitch required no threading required..

Hope this helps :1fishing1: