Nambucca River variety

got out for a decent landbased session yesterday fishing the usual haunts, started off spinning the fallen trees which were a bit slow but with some persistance finally had a take 

20180504_112506.thumb.jpg.dd076168d29b72fc44639e980035b2c2.jpg

probably the smallest big-eye I've ever caught.... hopefully the trevs will start to appear soon

changed locations to a bit of footpath/roadside the water was crystal clear and loaded with bait monster bream everywhere looks like its going to be a good spawn year everything was very spooky..... out of nowhere some pilles start scattering not 3m from me..... instinctive cast and hook up immediately to a solid fish first thoughts were king but to my surprise a big tailor surfaced with my lure hanging from his mouth a bit nervous of his teeth with 8lb leader baced the drag off and let him tire down he seemed to be swimming with a bunch of kingies and a massive cod came out to try and the poor tailor 

after a good 10 minute fight he finally came ashore 

20180507_123223.thumb.jpg.a385a3ab6337d705e366c5007ffa378f.jpg

a qulity mid 40's tailor haven't caught a decent tailor in years a surprise for the river. It was nice to play a fish for a change rather than the white nucle stuff I've been doing lately

then the pike turned up

20180507_124052.thumb.jpg.607d865dc76269bb0599950acfaec28e.jpg

some were around 50cm mark.... not a desirable species but still fun.... I often stic with pie rahter than move on because bream will often get competative and lose a few inhibitions.

moving onto the breakwall geting the usual funny looks for casting up along the side of the rocks but within a few casts a reasonable bream came out

20180507_132143.thumb.jpg.965220d46e20c901820b09217e1c3536.jpg

a couple of smaller fish came after including some small moses perch

not a bad little session ended up catching and releasing over a dozen fish of 5 different species

cheers for reading

Dave

• Like 3

Another great report Dave. I love reading reports of how good anglers constantly change tactics and it pays off. This is largely due to them being persistent, but also a good indication that they know what they're doing. Nice work on the Tailor too Dave, not getting bitten off. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice session dave....kingys up the river would be fun

they become a bit of a pest because they get their sites set on small bait giving them a taste for bream lures and of course the more expensive the more they like them and on par with red satan they don't like returning them when they're finished