Sydney Harbour Fishing Sesh

sam bros

Hi Raiders 

Took the boat out a couple of nights ago and went to target some bread and butter species around middle harbour

Caught 3 fatties with one going 60cm. Caught 2 legal Bream as well.

Flatties caught down deep on a paternoster rig with squid

Bream was caught on lightly weighted pillies and prawns.

Threw a live yakka down but the tailor kept biting it to pieces. Ended up hooking one but lost it boat side. Would of been about 45-50cm

So not too bad for a couple hours fishing.

Caught a lot of those spotted big eyes again. Once we started burleying, they would be everywhere, became a bit annoying.

Also got some drone footage around Long reef just before sunset and made a short video. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Cheers

Screenshot_20180509-115430_Gallery.jpg

Edited by sam bros
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, big Neil said:

A very professional bit of video there Sam Bros. Obviously a forte of yours as well as fishing. Will check out your video channel later. Cheers, bn

Thanks BN 

Appreciate the kind words

4 hours ago, NBFisho said:

As usual mate a good report, awesome work on the video as well. Really showcases how lucky we are to live around the area as well.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks mate

Dont think I can get over the scenery

Well done Sambros. Nice film work too.

Those “red eyes” / Big eyes” are a bit of a nuisance, but last time we kept some for the table. Once skinned and filleted, they were pretty good eating - a row of bones down the middle, so a small top and bottom fillet strip and they definitely need to be skinned.

A buddy who gets them pretty regularly told me they are also called “Happy Moments” as the pain from a spike is similar to red rock cod and not fun.

Pickles

On 5/19/2018 at 4:22 AM, bojulabah said:

Well done Sambros. Nice film work too.

Those “red eyes” / Big eyes” are a bit of a nuisance, but last time we kept some for the table. Once skinned and filleted, they were pretty good eating - a row of bones down the middle, so a small top and bottom fillet strip and they definitely need to be skinned.

A buddy who gets them pretty regularly told me they are also called “Happy Moments” as the pain from a spike is similar to red rock cod and not fun.

Pickles

Thanks mate, I was getting quite a few of them, and some were decent size. So I might keep one for the table and see how it goes.

Is there any particular way of cooking you prefer?