Where to buy Reelx

After fishing for quite a long time without knowing about the importance of reel maintenance, and wondering why all my reels won't stay smooth even though I'm rinsing them with fresh water and everything, I have stumbled upon a thread about oiling and greasing reels, and realised it is my fault my reels keep going cactus. I have done a bit of research and am about to buy some Cal's purple grease for the gears on my Stradic 1000 and some tan grease for the drag, and from what I have seen Reel-x or Corrosion-x seems like a great product for oiling my bearings. Problem is I can't seem to find any for sale in Australia, and don't really want to pay extortionate rates to get it shipped from the US. Does anyone know where I can grab some? Or, failing that, does anyone know another product that will do the trick?

2 hours ago, Aardvarking said:

Problem is I can't seem to find any for sale in Australia, and don't really want to pay extortionate rates to get it shipped from the US.

Same issue i came across. I personally use shimano ace2? for drags. mx3 oil for small reel bearings. mx5grease for grease and saltwater reel bearings.

Some fellas on here use Vaseline.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xerotao said:

Same issue i came across. I personally use shimano ace2? for drags. mx3 oil for small reel bearings. mx5grease for grease and saltwater reel bearings.

Some fellas on here use Vaseline.

Thanks for the info. Do you use the food grade mx3 or the regular kind? Also, where do you buy it?

Mx3 oil is food grade. From memory i purchased it from a store in wetherill park that has now changed names and ownership

mx5 grease and shimano drag grease was bought from a big franchise in drummoyne

pm me if you want to know thw exact name of stores

0E7094B5-6E44-4A7F-86E0-DB21C125C631.jpeg

2FE3CD85-3D70-4083-AA6E-89AE3616326B.jpeg