Need some help around the entrance (tuggerah lake)

Vamphersi

this weekend im heading up to the entrance for a fishing trip usung crank baits and soft plastics. ive never fished there and im not taking a boat or kayak. any locals know where the best places to fish for flathead or bream are around the bridge. i might hire a kayak but if possible land spots and spots i can wade out to are preferred. cheers guys

i can only really fish in this area

Screenshot_(4).jpg

Edited by Vamphersi
picture added

Agree with Rick on north side of the entrance, and if the swell drops the gutter along the beach near the channel would be worth a go at start and end of day.

Also, you can wade out on the sand flat on the SW side of the bridge near the boat hire, with the buildup of sand the drop off to the channel isn't as pronounced as it used to be but there are flatties in there.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hill373737 said:

Agree with Rick on north side of the entrance, and if the swell drops the gutter along the beach near the channel would be worth a go at start and end of day.

Also, you can wade out on the sand flat on the SW side of the bridge near the boat hire, with the buildup of sand the drop off to the channel isn't as pronounced as it used to be but there are flatties in there.

Good luck!

so you reckon best bet would be to wade from the beach onto the sand flats, or to wade to t drop off under the bridge?

How long is a piece of string - it would depend on time of day, tides etc but if there isn't a heap of kelp floating around after the big swells from the past couple of days, closer to the ocean in the lake or off the beach near the channel would be my recommendation.

Hi,

You might also try flicking your sps around the channels further inside the system:

North channel runs from the northern side of the bridge following the shore right up to the old fishing co-op. Lots of water and good with an east to northeast wind at your back to assist casting,

South channel runs south along the shore towards Long Jetty from the boat ramp at Picnic Point ... not as much water to fish as the north channel but, great in an east to southeast wind, again assisting your casting.

I fished the run from the bridge to the sea pretty consistently through summer and had a lot of success using live poddies but the flatties seem to have tailed off in that section of the lake. I did get a few smaller ones just before the last school holidays flicking plastic off the fishing wharf on the north side...not a lot of action though.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi