size improving

As my last report said I've been getting quite a few bream just no real size to them. Headed down to the river this morning for a bit of a landbased session to have a bit of fun with some more feisty little bream. Probably casting for about 40 minutes with no sign of a fish when a familiar tap came during a pause on the lure and the rod loaded up allowing for how hard the bream have been fighting lately felt like a better quality fish than I've been getting, gave me a good run around the structure then came ashore, still not big but a better quality fish than I've been getting lately

20180521_104517.thumb.jpg.3dbc53dd53015ecc886d935ead597927.jpg

a couple more small fish landed and the clear water came with the run in tide and the fish were off, back in the car and headed to a spot further upstream. Stopped for a quick cast at a footbridge home to some very wise fish but always worth a shot, as soon as the lure hit the water it was smashed again fish went hard going for submerged shopping trolleys and again a reasonable fish a bit smaller than the first

20180521_113628.thumb.jpg.058bd95eff50126ab12c33df09c9e61f.jpg

these urban fish wise up really fast you generally get one shot and this was no exception.

Decided to finish the session casting a spot I haven't fished for awhile the cormorants have started nesting again above the water for some reason bream love cormorant crap. First cast went wide with nothing second cast landed inches from a fresh cormorant crap two twitches and the black shapes were allover it. The take was brutal and straight away no doubt it was a quality fish nothing like fighting a solid bream from a 2.5m embankment covered in branches but unbelievably manged to keep him clear and bring him up the bank a beautiful mid 30's fish

20180521_120940.thumb.jpg.8bd762f9e0b497d08f87796f4f48fa3e.jpg

not overly long but solid for his length, been awhile since I've caught a solid bream certainly brought a smile to my face

Just to give an idea of how fickle these urban bream can be I've marked where the cast landed and fish hooked basically I'm behind overhanging vegetation so the bream don't spot me as they cruise around

20180521_121247.thumb.jpg.d6bb0fa18cdbd8b96d8baed97e7adff0.jpg  

that's it for another breaming session can't wait for the next one

cheers for reading

Dave 

• Like 5

Aha very interesting comment about the Bream and the Cormorant crap. Not surprising really the crap would probably be full of fishy remnants, oils, etc. Just another trick that you've learned eh Dave. Very generous to share your knowledge with the wider Fishraider community. BTW how did you put the red indicator on your post? Cheers, bn

• Like 1

Hi 

In the Bream comps they make a point of working any poles or branches with any trace of bird droppings hard with lures also .

Good one  Dave .

Bob 

Edited by Pafisho08
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, big Neil said:

Aha very interesting comment about the Bream and the Cormorant crap. Not surprising really the crap would probably be full of fishy remnants, oils, etc. Just another trick that you've learned eh Dave. Very generous to share your knowledge with the wider Fishraider community. BTW how did you put the red indicator on your post? Cheers, bn

I opened the picture with paint to edit the size and used the drawing thingy on there

• Thanks 1