Come meet BIGNEIL

frankS

I am putting on a sausage sizzle for BigNeil on Thursday 7th June, Starting around 12.30 pm sorry it's not a week end for those who work during the week but hope has it that he will be busy fishing with someone Saturday and Sunday if not with me.
I live at Berala and there is plenty of parking so don't be shy. I will put on the snags onions and whatever I can think of to throw on the barby if you want something special like steak better bring your own, byo licquid refreshment and remember you will have to drive home. I have coffee, tea etc but no beer.
Please let me know if you intend to come so I can get enough snags to feed everyone.
Frank

Edited by frankS
  • Like 2

On 22/05/2018 at 6:38 PM, frankS said:

I am putting on a sausage sizzle for BigNeil on Thursday 7th June, sorry it's not a week end for those who work during the week but hope has it that he will be busy fishing with someone Saturday and Sunday if not with me.
I live at Berala and there is plenty of parking so don't be shy. I will put on the snags onions and whatever I can think of to throw on the barby if you want something special like steak better bring your own, byo licquid refreshment and remember you will have to drive home. I have coffee, tea etc but no beer.
Please let me know if you intend to come so I can get enough snags to feed everyone.
Frank

On 22/05/2018 at 6:38 PM, frankS said:

I am putting on a sausage sizzle for BigNeil on Thursday 7th June, sorry it's not a week end for those who work during the week but hope has it that he will be busy fishing with someone Saturday and Sunday if not with me.
Frank

Geez Frank you're a diamond. Just make sure that you schedule something for you and I cos we have some unfinished business after the trip to Burrinjuck. Cheers, bn

Jon. Been meaning to catch up with you for a couple of years now, every time I go down to Bermi I mean to get your address and stop for a chat but something always comes up and I pass right on by. Don't get down that way as much as I used to as I no longer have outside boat, but when I get this 14 footer up and going I will be going down to visit my mate at Cobargo and fish the river and lake.

Frank

2 hours ago, frankS said:

Jon. Been meaning to catch up with you for a couple of years now, every time I go down to Bermi I mean to get your address and stop for a chat but something always comes up and I pass right on by. Don't get down that way as much as I used to as I no longer have outside boat, but when I get this 14 footer up and going I will be going down to visit my mate at Cobargo and fish the river and lake.

Frank

Sounds good, hopefully be able to point you in the right direction for a few fish as my daughter is fast becoming a gun at the estuary light tackle species. You aren't missing to much with the offshore fishing down this way, you really have to work hard and have good electronics to find the odd fish these days.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, JonD said:

Would love to meet a few of the guys from here, unfortunately it's to big a trip with way to many cameras and road works along the way. Have a great time fellas  :)

Maybe a few F/r could meet you on your "turf" Jon. bn

• Like 1

Come on fellas, only a week to go and so far I have only had Wasa confirming that he will come.

This invitation is open to all members, not just the ones who have shown interest in taking Neil for a fish.

Don't be shy, I cleaned the plates on the bbq  so it's waiting to have a few snags cooked on it.

I just need to know who is interested so I can get enough snags and such.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I really appreciate the invitation and have put my leave request in today for fishing this Friday but unfortunately due to work committments will not be able to take Thursday off too.

Looking forward to meeting you on the Friday.

Regards,

Derek

10 hours ago, frankS said:

Jim. Nothing from you in my PM's as yet, I will PM you with details.

Sent.

Frank

Hmm..not sure what went wrong but I got the details.. looking forward to it ( and hoping for a few cod insights from Neil!)

2 hours ago, Ojay Samson said:

Hey Frank, not sure if its too late to come but if not, I will try swing by after work tomorrow arvo with Nat if thats ok with you.

More than welcome mate.

Frank

2 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Hmm..not sure what went wrong but I got the details.. looking forward to it ( and hoping for a few cod insights from Neil!)

See you then. I recon Neil could tell a story or two about his adventures with the green fish.

Frank

Well the meeting didn't quiet go down as planned, Rain meant no BBQ so I just cooked the snags and such on the stove inside. Neil's plane was delayed from arriving at 10.40 back to 14.40 so the guys showed up and there was no Neil anyhow the guys that showed up still had a good chat with each other and new friendships formed. I picked up Neil at around 3.20pm and was back home shortly after 4pm, Waza came to the airport with me and we managed an extended chat.

Frank

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, mrsswordfisherman said:

What a shame! Glad you met some Raiders and had a bit of a chat.

Donna It was good to catch up with a few new faces and some I already knew. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. bit of a shame it had to be a week day or a few more may have come.

Could always plan another get together come BBQ some time down the track, it would be good to have a bbq at someones place once a month or so and members could get to meet lots of other members. Share it around a bit, my place one month and somewhere different next month.

Frank

1 hour ago, connico said:

I reckon that's a great idea. But instead, have it a park or reserve so we can all wet a line ahahaha :)

I tend to agree on that, while you all sound like nice folk I would rather meet in a public place & if we can have a cast & discuss techniques & tackle it would be even better imo

We have held many many raider days  over the years. Frank you have attended some. 

Our sponsors always helped us pay for the legendary breakfasts and lunches.

perhaps new owners have some plans in the pipeline.

There is nothing to stop people regularly meeting up as suggested and meeting in public areas is best. 

Someone start one ;)