Good small boat public wharfs/pontoons on syd Harbour?

JayGee

Hi all, 

Trying to find public wharfs that are good to stop and have a stretch and a coffee/beer on Sydney Harbour. 

I found the one at cabarita marina yesterday and thought it was great - the pontoon was even padded so it didn't knock the paint off my boat. Excellent spot for a coffee too. (attached photo of my boat on said pontoon) 

Is there any other similar on the harbour? My boat is a 30hp 14 foot tinnie so not really interested in super yacht parking. 

Thanks! 

IMG_20180527_123854.jpg

Thanks for your reply, Birkenhead point fits the bill! Is it safe to leave boat unattended there? 

11 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Most of the wharfs in the harbour are ferry wharfs and you cant stop there the only one I know is Birkenhead.

hi guys if the marina you pass has a green flag showing you can stop at there marina free of charge for 1hour or more and use there faciltys for free. i no of at least 3 in sydney harbour that have joined the program  it is called the better boating destinations you can look them up on rms site they are saying they have 19 marinas in sydney harbour signed up .cheers dunc333

Edited by dunc333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dunc333 said:

hi guys if the marina you pass has a green flag showing you can stop at there marina free of charge for 1hour or more and use there faciltys for free. i no of at least 3 in sydney harbour that have joined the program  it is called the better boating destinations you can look them up on rms site they are saying they have 19 marinas in sydney harbour signed up .cheers dunc333

Thanks Dunc333 ....  this was news to me.   Just looked it up and there is an interactive map for Syndey Harbour.  Here is the current link:  https://appln.transport.nsw.gov.au/mapservices/proxy/boating-destinations/map.html

• Thanks 2