Beach/rock fishing

Ando fisho

Hi raiders was hoping some could help or point me in the right direction. I am land based angler on gold coast mainly fis estuary but am starting to travel into tweed coast giving beach and rocks a go with not much success. Hoping someone would be abl to show me what and where got somegear but not much of where to cast or if any one knows someone who does shore based charter if you are wantingto come with me i can pick up and do drop off mainly fish during the week between the school hours thanks hope you are all catching a few 

A long, long time ago, when I was a kid, we used to holiday at Palm Beach on the Gold Coast every year, sometimes more often. I fished with my Pa in Currumbin Creek, off Palm Beach and the rock at Currumbin (was it Lion Rock or just Currumbin Rock?).

I know the creek has changed a lot since the 60s and 70s but beaches change all the time and you have a creek running out into the ocean at the southern end of Palm Beach bringing lots of goodies! You should get all the usual beach species, just look for the gutters. Off the rocks we got luderick, black and silver drummer, groper etc.

Perhaps the “school hours” is not really helping. Try and fish the low light periods around dawn and dusk.

Edited by Berleyguts

Thanks mate will give it a crack. Been trying on coast beaches Ithink biggest problem is all thw sand that is pumped and artificially mived atops big gutters and holes forming any more  but haven'ttried there might give it a go this week 

The Seaway can fish pretty well at this time of the year for tailor/trevally on lures- pick a rising tide early in the morning , 40 gm raiders work well. School hours might be the issue, but top of the tide can still fire. Used to live up there and did reasonably well on the rockwall