Port Stephens- snaps are chewing!

Scratchie

G’day raiders,

Just a quick report from this morning. Headed out with fellow raider Woodsy and hit Broughton Island. Went straight to my favourite spot, had a nice drift, nothing! Current raging north. All the bait seemed to be stacked on the northern side of the structure so we tried that and bang contact with a nice snaps! Next was woodsys turn and a pb on sps for him! Moved a few areas looking for them and finally found the mother load. Nearly every cast was a keeper. Woodsy even managed a nice pearly as bycatch and upgraded his pb. It was a sensational morning and the fishing was red hot. Just glad to be back on the water after a month! 

Thanks for the day Woodsy! 

Cheers scratchie!!! EBCFCF86-1418-4F54-89A9-1C9BE7B6D61A.thumb.jpeg.c3961b624d9ba788ef974734b10aa841.jpeg09597FB8-B28B-437E-BF2E-12D3265FAA72.thumb.png.1dea4b445c6b4de8024d8e5281823e27.png

• Like 15

Killed it bro, that's some nice snaps  and pearly . 

Im jealous ....I need a reason to pick up my kayak from little beach, think u just gave me an excuse to come up for a run . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Great effort!

Some nice reds there - add in the pearlie and what a top feed.

Cheers

Jim

Today was all about getting a feed. We lost a few big boys but no complaints here :) 

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

Killed it bro, that's some nice snaps  and pearly . 

Im jealous ....I need a reason to pick up my kayak from little beach, think u just gave me an excuse to come up for a run . 

Make sure you check the weather! I somehow always find an excuse to go fishing ?

21 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...well donne scratchie.i was going to go up today myself,but didnt,wished i did now.

howd you go with the thought of shipping containers  in the water..?

Between the whales and containers it’s like a game of frogger! Only joking! Didn’t see much debis but plenty of whales about! Got a good show 50m from the boat! Gotta love PS! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff! I’m champing at the bit to get out there... been laid up crook... can’t shake this virus... been 4 weeks now! ? Gonna be at least another week, I think.

Thanks baz! Get well mate. There’s plenty of cold mornings during snapper season! 

• Like 1

Scratchie no need to thank me mate I had a great day [even the way I ended up]. I think I may be converted to the plastics now. We had the fish with a lemon pepper crum, first time I had pearl it was beautiful.

Woodsy

IMG_0537.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodsy1 said:

Scratchie no need to thank me mate I had a great day [even the way I ended up]. I think I may be converted to the plastics now. We had the fish with a lemon pepper crum, first time I had pearl it was beautiful.

Woodsy

IMG_0537.JPG

Looks awesome mate! Yep, sps the way to go, especially for snaps! 

Took some tourists up there today and same result but we picked up a nice king too! 

• Like 1

Good work there Scratchie, nice feed of reds.

Pretty quiet here in W.A.  Wind and/or rain at the places I want to fish. Doing much more traveling than fishing.

Do have a couple of photos that won't upload from the wife's laptop, so will have to wait till I return.

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work there Scratchie, nice feed of reds.

Pretty quiet here in W.A.  Wind and/or rain at the places I want to fish. Doing much more traveling than fishing.

Do have a couple of photos that won't upload from the wife's laptop, so will have to wait till I return.

Cheers yowie! 

Good to see you checking in! Hope you get some time to wet a line. Stay safe! 

6 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

With the amount of rain we had in Port lately, when I get over this rotten lurgy, I think I’m going to Broughton to chase trout! ?

I’m hearing baz! Every chance of catching bass and eps up there too! 

• Like 1

Plenty of good fish meals happening there Scratchie. Well done guys. Q. With all these whales about at present is there any risk of colliding with one when running flat chat to your favourite spot or is their "sonar" able to help them avoid vessels at speed? May seem like a dumb Q but it's something I've pondered for a while. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

Plenty of good fish meals happening there Scratchie. Well done guys. Q. With all these whales about at present is there any risk of colliding with one when running flat chat to your favourite spot or is their "sonar" able to help them avoid vessels at speed? May seem like a dumb Q but it's something I've pondered for a while. Cheers, bn

Cheers BN.

well, it sometimes is a daunting thought heading to the grounds at 430am pitch black. I haven’t hit one yet (touch wood). Nor would I like too. Such majestic creatures. We had a visit from two the on this day 30m off our bow! So we started the motor to let them know we were there! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1