zman 3.75 streakz

fortula999

I don't know what you intend to chase, but I have caught a lot of good bream, flathead and keeper size estuary snapper on them.

They're a must have in my tackle box along with a few packs of the 5 inch ones as well.

Edited by Green Hornet

I absolutely love them!

They are bigger and fatter than the classic Powerbait 3" minnow that DerekD introduced me to, and more expensive per piece, but I find they survive waaaaaaaay longer - where one Powerbait may last 2-3 fish (at most), a zman will probably last till you lose the lure to a snag or get broken off. I've caught bonito, tailor and kingfish on these and not a single stretch/cut/bite mark to be seen - all replacements have been due to breakages of the jig head, not the zman. They swim really well and buoyant (which allows for casting further with a heavier jighead but also reduced fall rate to remain in the water column as much as possible, rather than just rocketing to the bottom cause of the heavy jighead).

Few tips if you do get some:

* Keep zmans separate from other non-10x plastics - they will melt and fuse together. I've also found colour leakage between different colour zmans.

* They make special jig heads, "headlockz", that stop the plastic from slipping. Works great but I find a snug fit around most jig heads hold just fine with a minor readjustment after a bite.

* I wouldn't pay more than $7/pack - some places that sell boating, camping and fishing gear often have 3x for $21 deals. If you can wait for shipping and intend to buy in bulk, you can get them for about AUD$5.30 per pack from the states, PM me if you want details. Of course keep an eye out for clearance deals and eBay sitewide deals.

Edited by anthman
Spelling