reel storage/transportation

mii11x

Hi guys,

Wondering how you guys store/transport your fishing reels.  I have a pretty decent selection of reels and dont want to damage them when transporting them.  Ive been looking at plastic containers - like the ones you see at bunnings, but thinking they may be a little to fragile.  Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick I still use wooden Alvey's that are in 'collectable condition' and when transporting them (and other reels) I use the neoprene reel bags just for scratch protection. At least 2 companies sell purpose-made reel cases that hold about half a dozen reels in the "egg-shell" type foam that are probably more suited for your purpose. Site sponsor Dinga sells both the neoprene style and the hard-case types, they are both found in 'tackle storage' section. Cheers Waza

I use the neoprene cases that come with all my reels, and currently place them all in a couple of soft sided bags.  I know I have bent a bail wire on my sol 1 previously which wasnt cheap to replace by trying to fit everything in my ute toolboxes.   Wanting a little more rigidity like a tub or case or something.  I will check out some aluminium cases like frankS mentioned.

Cheers boys

16 hours ago, mii11x said:

Hi guys,

Wondering how you guys store/transport your fishing reels.  I have a pretty decent selection of reels and dont want to damage them when transporting them.  Ive been looking at plastic containers - like the ones you see at bunnings, but thinking they may be a little to fragile.  Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Mick

Is this for general transport OR the actually travelling by plane for a trip??

I think the neoprene's are ok if you are just going fishing but for an extended trip like a camping/fishing type trip or an overseas trip& would want something more rugged.

Not sure what Bunnings 'plastic container' you are referring to but I have a couple of these that are tough as-

Craftright 465 x 360 x 175mm Safe Case

case.thumb.png.d8caf04c9a5cd1a01b66cdd6a451c6bf.png

There is also a bigger 515 x 435 x 225mm Large Safe Case if you intend taking larger reels or more reels.

For the money they are fantastic & you can also make a compartment to keep accessories as well so its all together.

Also they are-

• Water proof, air tight, dustproof and quake proof
  • Heavy duty safe case
  • Lockable
  • Ideal for storing important documents or expensive tools

Just cut the already perforated segments to suit the exact shape of the reels :)

Edited by kingie chaser

58 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Is this for general transport OR the actually travelling by plane for a trip??

I think the neoprene's are ok if you are just going fishing but for an extended trip like a camping/fishing type trip or an overseas trip& would want something more rugged.

Not sure what Bunnings 'plastic container' you are referring to but I have a couple of these that are tough as-

Craftright 465 x 360 x 175mm Safe Case

case.thumb.png.d8caf04c9a5cd1a01b66cdd6a451c6bf.png

There is also a bigger 515 x 435 x 225mm Large Safe Case if you intend taking larger reels or more reels.

For the money they are fantastic & you can also make a compartment to keep accessories as well so its all together.

Also they are-

• Water proof, air tight, dustproof and quake proof
  • Heavy duty safe case
  • Lockable
  • Ideal for storing important documents or expensive tools

Just cut the already perforated segments to suit the exact shape of the reels :)

They would be used for when I go on week long fishing/camping trips mate.  The one you just showed would be perfect really

Yeh they are a very good option as there is so much foam protection in them.

There is 3 pieces of foam, 1 egg shell in the top, the part you cut into the shape of the reel & the under layer.

Like I was saying they are just such good value imo.