Haines Signature 575F built in 2017

NotGrumpyPete

I am new on Fishraider, and an owner of the subject boat.

I am interested to meet other owners of the same or similar boat (575F, 575RF, 550F) built since 2013.

There's 1000 positive things I could say, about this excellent boat.

But there's also several big issues, I would like to discuss with other owners.

Please do post here, if that is you.

Or let me know if there is a better forum, for this subject.

Many thanks,

Pete

2 minutes ago, kingfishbig said:

Some of us might be considering buying one. It would be handy to know of any issues. Are your concerned about affecting your relationship with the dealer/ manufacturer by going public?  

It is against site rules to post re issues.  Pm notGrumpypete and have a chat about things ;)

Pretty sure there would be plenty of Facebook groups that would be appropriate to discuss these issues. 

Good luck with it

It's a weird issue ?

People recommend and tell others about faults in rods reels lures and outboards 

And so they should ?

As it could save someone's life 

What ever the mystery issue might be ?

Edited by Omally
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Omally said:

It's a weird issue ?

People recommend and tell others about faults in rods reels lures and outboards 

And so they should ?

As it could save someone's life 

What ever the mystery issue might be ?

There are avenues to report faults and product problems.

Companies/businesses can take legal action against people posting on the internet.

NotGrumpyPete has the right idea. Give him a pm if you wish to solve “the mystery” ;)

• Thanks 1

A little smaller, I had a 540f for about 12 months, even though they were considered a hard core fishing boat by many, for me they are family boats. I've often thought of getting an older 565L in the past as there are a few rebuilds fitted with 4 strokes on the market  at far more reasonable prices than the 565 Eden crafts. Driven a few Cootacrafts in those sizes as well as cruise crafts and bigger Eden crafts.

I must admit as far as hard core fishing boats go I don't like any with forward cabins or screams myself. I like a full uninterrupted field of view and the ability to cast from anywhere around the boat, this is also vitally important to have a full clear view where I often have people in the water. Centre consoles and centre cabs make great walk around boats when tackling tricky fish.

Fishing methods have greatly changed for me over the years, things like micro jigging, soft plastics and even deep dropping all get tricky if you are confined to the rear of a boat as it turns in the wind or current etc. 

• Thanks 1

I am not saying the product has any faults.

It is excellent product.

I simply have trouble with a few things about it.

I have discussed it with the dealer and the manufacturer already.

And before continue that discussion, I try to get ideas from other owners.

Thanks all for comments, so far.

I look forward to making contact with other owners (I could not find them on Facebook).

P

Sorry to miss quote you Pete ....big issues 

Maybe big issues are faults 

Round here 

Yeah guys he was just reporting a few issues 

I don't see a problem just went through the forum and found heaps of em 

• Thanks 1

Like don't get me wrong I'm not having a go but what is a new member spose to say 

I have a ***** ***** with a **** issue just trying to get some info already contacted ****** but didn't get the info I was looking for on the ***** issue if you have the same ***** issue can you please pm me ?

22 minutes ago, JonD said:

A little smaller, I had a 540f for about 12 months, even though they were considered a hard core fishing boat by many, for me they are family boats. I've often thought of getting an older 565L in the past as there are a few rebuilds fitted with 4 strokes on the market  at far more reasonable prices than the 565 Eden crafts. Driven a few Cootacrafts in those sizes as well as cruise crafts and bigger Eden crafts.

I must admit as far as hard core fishing boats go I don't like any with forward cabins or screams myself. I like a full uninterrupted field of view and the ability to cast from anywhere around the boat, this is also vitally important to have a full clear view where I often have people in the water. Centre consoles and centre cabs make great walk around boats when tackling tricky fish.

Fishing methods have greatly changed for me over the years, things like micro jigging, soft plastics and even deep dropping all get tricky if you are confined to the rear of a boat as it turns in the wind or current etc. 

Thanks JonD for writing at length.  I understand all those sentiments, but the overall config of Sig-575F is perfect for my own needs. Any downside I might have implied, is not related to that config. I wanted to discuss the hull performance, and whether trim-tabs might improve it.  I also wanted to compare notes on the bowsprit and anchor setup.   Thanks again. P

11 hours ago, NotGrumpyPete said:

Thanks JonD for writing at length.  I understand all those sentiments, but the overall config of Sig-575F is perfect for my own needs. Any downside I might have implied, is not related to that config. I wanted to discuss the hull performance, and whether trim-tabs might improve it.  I also wanted to compare notes on the bowsprit and anchor setup.   Thanks again. P

For the size the 565-575 is a great handling boat in offshore conditions. A very good friend who recently passed away had spent his life as an abalone fisherman during which time the 565 was his favorate all around boat. I helped him sell his last boat a 6m Eden craft which you would imagine to be virtually the same but in his opinion they were miles apart.

Re trim tabs, I personally really like trim tabs even on small 4m boats. They are great for levelling any boat that can lean due to prop torque, uneven weight distribution, wind hitting from certain angles etc. I've also been quite impressed with just the simple auto levelling cheaper models from Bennetts and Nauticus, these don't only stop porpoising and level the ride but they also make the boats feel like a far bigger boat. The auto models work like a car suspension strut.

The fitting of an electric anchor winch is something many might think as overkill for the money but in my mind having once had one they are fantastic.

It doesn't matter what boat any of us own, no one boat can fit every occasion, my reasoning for buying the signature 540 was for a family safe boat. To fish from for little kids with the high gunnels was very had going but a raised platform soon improved that. The reports of Hislop taking his 540 in 40 knot gales on his journey from Aus to Japan over 5000km was a pretty good testament for that sized boat too. In saying that someone took an open zapcat inflatable 4m from Sydney to Hobart during the last yacht race where he encountered 10m + seas on his 3 day voyage ( using an older tohatsu 50 two stroke ).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Omally said:

Ay pull up not having a go 

But people have the freedom of speech in Australia ?

Obviously not on fishraider 

Members join and agree to abide by our site rules Omally. Nobody makes people stay it is everyone's choice.

If you would like to msg me or a moderator to discuss site rules please do.

• Like 1

I get it but shouldn't the same rules go for everyone on site ?

There are literally thousands of issues on here naming specific brands once again outboards reels and even lures 

Freedom of speech 

Or is that just for seasoned raiders ?

I've said what I've had to say with no decent reply or answer 

So I guess we will leave it there 

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Omally said:

I get it but shouldn't the same rules go for everyone on site ?

There are literally thousands of issues on here naming specific brands once again outboards reels and even lures 

Freedom of speech 

Or is that just for seasoned raiders ?

I've said what I've had to say with no decent reply or answer 

So I guess we will leave it there 

Cheers

Omally, 

We moderate this site best can to maintain its integrity and overall keep it a family friendly website. Part of that is to uphold the site rules. If you’ve been asked by a site manager or moderator to not post something then that is not up for discussion on the open forum. Please pm one of us your concerns and we will try to resolve any issue. 

Lets leave it there and allow Pete to have his thread answered. 

Regards scratchie mod team 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 6:05 PM, NotGrumpyPete said:

I am new on Fishraider, and an owner of the subject boat.

I am interested to meet other owners of the same or similar boat (575F, 575RF, 550F) built since 2013.

There's 1000 positive things I could say, about this excellent boat.

But there's also several big issues, I would like to discuss with other owners.

Please do post here, if that is you.

Or let me know if there is a better forum, for this subject.

Many thanks,

Pete

Hey Pete,

I was a the boat show when that model was released in Sydney and had a deposit on it. I changed my find after a few issues I had. Happy to talk to you about your boat, would love to go in a ride in it too! Send me a PM, curious to see what your issues are and I am happy to help!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, locodave said:

Hey Pete,

I was a the boat show when that model was released in Sydney and had a deposit on it. I changed my find after a few issues I had. Happy to talk to you about your boat, would love to go in a ride in it too! Send me a PM, curious to see what your issues are and I am happy to help!

Hi Dave,  Thanks for post.  Sure, come for a ride tomorrow (Thursday 14/june).  I will be at the boat doing some work in the morning.  Then a short run, and maybe a quick troll, in the middle of the day, couple of hours max. Let me know. P

• 2 weeks later...