Carp fishing

SickWolf

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Marmot said:

Lane Cove National Park is kinda tricky to find a spot good for carp fishing as several segments of the river are forbidden from fishing.

I'd like to give it a go if time allows

It has bass and carp in the fresh water side 

22 minutes ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

I checked the rules, which kinda made me laugh when it comes to carp.

Catch and release only? I later checked https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers

Well, I guess Mainly dam is better. I have never tasted the Down-Under-versioned carps, but I still consider it's a good source of protein for us & pets. I ate plenty of carps before.

Edited by Marmot

5 hours ago, Marmot said:

I checked the rules, which kinda made me laugh when it comes to carp.

Catch and release only? I later checked https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers

Well, I guess Mainly dam is better. I have never tasted the Down-Under-versioned carps, but I still consider it's a good source of protein for us & pets. I ate plenty of carps before.

You could try Parramatta River and lake

Edited by nutsaboutfishing

Upstream from the weir near Delhi Rd in Lanecove national park, Parramatta Park in the late 80’s I used to see course fisherman & others fish from the causeway behind the stadium and downstream catch eels ,catfish & carp up to 20lb, I’ve also heard that the lake in bicentennial park has carp

9 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Upstream from the weir near Delhi Rd in Lanecove national park, Parramatta Park in the late 80’s I used to see course fisherman & others fish from the causeway behind the stadium and downstream catch eels ,catfish & carp up to 20lb, I’ve also heard that the lake in bicentennial park has carp

Spot on good advice I have pulled good carp from there can be hard to get there by walking there but .