Recommended Posts

any good carp spots near sydney? i would rather not travel to penrith but i heard manly dam is alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi will be in oz over Christmas and into new year looking for some carp fishing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lane Cove National Park is kinda tricky to find a spot good for carp fishing as several segments of the river are forbidden from fishing.

I'd like to give it a go if time allows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marmot said:

Lane Cove National Park is kinda tricky to find a spot good for carp fishing as several segments of the river are forbidden from fishing.

I'd like to give it a go if time allows

It has bass and carp in the fresh water side 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

I checked the rules, which kinda made me laugh when it comes to carp.

Catch and release only? I later checked https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers

Well, I guess Mainly dam is better. I have never tasted the Down-Under-versioned carps, but I still consider it's a good source of protein for us & pets. I ate plenty of carps before.

Edited by Marmot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Marmot said:

I checked the rules, which kinda made me laugh when it comes to carp.

Catch and release only? I later checked https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers

Well, I guess Mainly dam is better. I have never tasted the Down-Under-versioned carps, but I still consider it's a good source of protein for us & pets. I ate plenty of carps before.

You could try Parramatta River and lake

 

Edited by nutsaboutfishing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where in parramatta and lane cove is it freshwater?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upstream from the weir near Delhi Rd in Lanecove national park, Parramatta Park in the late 80’s I used to see course fisherman & others fish from the causeway behind the stadium and downstream catch eels ,catfish & carp up to 20lb, I’ve also heard that the lake in bicentennial park has carp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Upstream from the weir near Delhi Rd in Lanecove national park, Parramatta Park in the late 80’s I used to see course fisherman & others fish from the causeway behind the stadium and downstream catch eels ,catfish & carp up to 20lb, I’ve also heard that the lake in bicentennial park has carp

Spot on good advice I have pulled good carp from there can be hard to get there by walking there but .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all . Will look further into what fishing while I'm in OZ be in touch .    Carpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      63,000
    • Total Posts
      500,967