Where can i fish for Flathead best!

Flathead guy

Yes, On the breakwall on the south side of Bermagui harbour at 6.45 on 22nd November 2018. 

Just kidding. Flathead are predomantly a summer fish although they can still be caught year round at certain places. Get to know a few of the guys here and read through a lot of the posts and you will get certain clues that will help you find them, you need to spend a lot of time fishing and learning. don't be a stranger to the site, lots to learn from plenty of great people.

Frank

• Like 1

Agree with scratchie there FHG, think about your questions more & give as much detail as possible, there are plenty of guys on here willing to part with their experience & knowledge but you have to make some effort by giving us the right information so we can then give you the right information back :biggrinthumb: 

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I was going to say, “Have a read through some of the articles in the Articles section” but the Articles section seems to have disappeared!

Any ideas, Mrs Swordie? ?

Yes the site was moved to different servers recently. 

There is a new add on called Pages and the articles will be posted in there by Mike. 

Msg me if you see any other things. 

• Like 1

Dusky flathead inhabit estuaries from the river mouth right up to brackish water between the depths of 1-20m and to a lesser extent beaches and headlands adjacent to river mouths. They prefer a soft sand or mud substrate but quite often hang around patchy sand, rock and weed. Focus your activity along the edges of channels, drop-offs & around weed beds on sandbanks.