Hawkesbury PB Flathead

ARC H

Gday Raiders

Got my PB Flathead in the Hawkesbury on kayak  yesterday it went 75cm

Caught on a Z man minnow 4 inch in pearl white. 1\4 Jighead and lots of procure scent.

About an hour before low near a old mooring in parsley bay

Got a few smaller ones and also a Bream on a grub

I was using a 2000 reel 10lb braid and 6lb flurocarbon leader 

was pretty interesting trying to land it

cheers

IMG_20180611_204434.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Well done young fella. You gotta be happy with that. Congrats on your pb! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Yeah it was awesome

Cheers

Edited by ARC H
Typo

Very well done indeed young fella. They don't get that big without knowing a few tricks and landing it from a kayak with light gear would have been a challenge for sure. A very good pb mate, now you need to beat that. Good luck, bn

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

nice fish mate especially on 6lb leader

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Very well done indeed young fella. They don't get that big without knowing a few tricks and landing it from a kayak with light gear would have been a challenge for sure. A very good pb mate, now you need to beat that. Good luck, bn

@dirvin21 Cheers and it was lucky it was hooked in the top of the mouth   @big Neil I am already figuring out how to?

Edited by ARC H
typo
  • Like 2

Great catch! It was a crackin day to be out in the kayak yesterday. I was out at the same time, was tossing up b/w Parsley Bay or Berowra Waters. I would've seen you on the water, but in the end I opted for Berowra instead. 

Would've been fun to land in the kayak.  I'm still trying to get the knack of it - my net arm is never long enough!

• Like 1

Well done mate, I guess I work opposite to you as I would rather have a heavier leader that the main line. but each to their own.

I caught my 80cm(3.5kg) model PB on 8lb braid & 12lb leader.

To me it more about letting the fish thinks its not even hooked rather than trying to "pull it in" that's the key in most successful fishing.

But whatever you are doing, keep doing it as it seem to be working for you :biggrinthumb:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seasponge said:

Great catch! It was a crackin day to be out in the kayak yesterday. I was out at the same time, was tossing up b/w Parsley Bay or Berowra Waters. I would've seen you on the water, but in the end I opted for Berowra instead. 

Would've been fun to land in the kayak.  I'm still trying to get the knack of it - my net arm is never long enough!

Cheers it would of been good to see you

The net I've got is pretty long its extendable so it never gets in the way either

1 hour ago, savit said:

Nice catch and congrats on PB! How long did it take to land it on 6lb leader?

A while mate it took a few attempts with the net. Thought was gonna lose it for a bit

53 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Well done mate, I guess I work opposite to you as I would rather have a heavier leader that the main line. but each to their own.

I caught my 80cm(3.5kg) model PB on 8lb braid & 12lb leader.

To me it more about letting the fish thinks its not even hooked rather than trying to "pull it in" that's the key in most successful fishing.

But whatever you are doing, keep doing it as it seem to be working for you :biggrinthumb:

Yeah ok each to their own

I reckon even with flatties you'll get more strikes with lighter leader and the gear still has enough grunt to get it in as long as the teeth don't get in the way. I had the drag backed off and let it take its time 

1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Nice Flathead mate, I used to fish 6lb leader for them but after losing a few good fish have upped to 10lb which definately does not put them off

yeah ok

i might do that to because i think i hooked it lucky. and even smaller ones rub leader 

cheers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ARC H said:

yeah ok

i might do that to because i think i hooked it lucky. and even smaller ones rub leader 

cheers

The scent definately gets a bite when the fish are shut down though, I find smaller blades work too when things are quiet 

• Like 1