Port Stephens wind farm

Peter Nelson

Hi all

went for a quick one this morning as I new the wind was coming up.

And what do you know as soon as I get to my spot up it comes.

Struggled but got a feed in the end.

Heaps of small snapper out there just on size, kept a couple as their swim bladders came out.

4 x snapper

1 x pearly

1x morwong

1 x flathead

1 x bonnie

Anyway I’m thinking of farming the wind instead of fishing as every time I go out it blows its guts out even when only light winds are forecast. 

Still better then work

9A8D7D1D-92C3-4E8C-8EFE-85751449CDC5.jpeg

• Like 9

Yeah, Pete... can you let us know when you’re going out? I’ll go the next day! ???

Seriously, though. The wind did pick up unexpectedly today! Made me feel less disappointed I was sick! I’ll have to go back to work next week though - virus or no virus! ? Hopefully I can get out after then.

Great effort in trying conditions. Ya gotta love Port Stephens!

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Yeah, Pete... can you let us know when you’re going out? I’ll go the next day! ???

Seriously, though. The wind did pick up unexpectedly today! Made me feel less disappointed I was sick! I’ll have to back to work next week though - virus or no virus! ? Hopefully I can get out after then.

Great effort in trying conditions. Ya gotta love Port Stephens!

A bit of salt spray might fix you up Baz

• Haha 1

Nice work Pete! There’s definitely plenty of snapper on the chew. I was going to head out tomorrow but it is forecast 20 knot plus winds! I’m keen but not that keen. Might stay home and earn some brownie points! :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Pete! There’s definitely plenty of snapper on the chew. I was going to head out tomorrow but it is forecast 20 knot plus winds! I’m keen but not that keen. Might stay home and earn some brownie points! :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Even up to 30 knots, Jeff. Then in a few days, 4m swells. Not looking good for me to get out when I do shake this friggin’ lurgy! Maybe in the Bay.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

cheers scratchie!!! 

That’s the way, you can never have enough brownie points, I’m driving kids around for star struck for the next few days so hopefully I’ll accumulate a few myself