Min kota

Hunter69

22 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

They do come on sale often at supercreep which makes them more affordable.

just check the manufacturer date and fluid levels.

There are cheaper places to buy a century battery, even when superexpensive auto have them on sale at 20% off. I drive from campbelltown to around the oatley area to buy batteries when i need them and im still better off in the hip pocket

Guest Guest123456789
12 hours ago, mii11x said:

There are cheaper places to buy a century battery, even when superexpensive auto have them on sale at 20% off. I drive from campbelltown to around the oatley area to buy batteries when i need them and im still better off in the hip pocket

Met an old retired mechanic who lives nearby. He finds old outboards and fixes them up. He reckons he gets his batteries from a place that sells them for wheelchairs and saves a fortune compared to auto and battery retailers

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, Hunter69 said:

Ive been looking to buy an electric motor. They come in alot of sizes. I think the smallest is 55lb thrust. Would this suit a 4.20 tinny ? 

Thanks

Joel 

55lb thrust will be fine on a 4.2 tinny - I've got a 54lb JW Watersnake on my 4.2 Dory and it goes fine (will replace it with a Minn Kota when it dies!)... I'm pretty sure any larger motor would need a 2nd battery, I run a 100AH and its pretty heavy on its own....

Hi 

Regarding aBattery for the Min Kota I have been using a Super Start brand for 6 yrs now it is sealed Agm deep cycle off road  - marine 100ah  purchased from Batteries Direct  .I would recommend it .

Bob