Bellambi Reds

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

Havent been doin much fishing lately, busy with work and facing mystery illness which has kept me home most weekends 

Finally got out today to try Bellambi for the first time with a mate on his boat. Surprisingly the boat ramp shananigans that i so often read about were non existent this morning.

Drifted a couple of marks with whole pillies and managed to boat some nice reds, the biggest going 60cm. 

A little cold and windy in the morning but weather was very pleasant as the afternoon arrived around 11am.

Tried a flathead drift on the way in but no luck there.

All in all glad to be out on the water and that we didnt donut on our first trip to Bellambi.

Thanks for reading

Screenshot_20180623-171826.png

IMG-20180623-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice fish and nice report Sam! Glad you're feeling better.

Cheers

Zoran

Thanks Zoran. We need to catch up soon.

Me and winter just dont get along it seems. Also with two young kids at home now they bring the all sorts back from childcare and school!

23 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good result there mate. A few nice feeds Hope you're on the mend healthwise and able to get out there more often. bn

Thanks Big Neil. Sorry i wasnt able to offer my company on your recent visit. Hopefully next time

10 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Well done some nice Reds

Cheers mate

8 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice feed of reds there Sam. It certainly is cold early morning but worth the effort! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Very cold Scratchie but cant complain.... very refreshing to be back on the water and Bellambi is so serene...very coastal town feel going there.

5 hours ago, sam bros said:

Well done,

Some quality reds especially considering it was your first attempt

Thanks mate.....very happy at the result though we fish Sydney for reds using the same technique it seems Bellambi has plenty of habitat for snapper..... interestingly.....we didnt even try the humps..

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great effort, especially the first time in an area! Well done!

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, Welster said:

That’s awesome.   A few great feeds coming up.

Were you using a paternsta set up?

Interesting result as i used one rod with a paternoster and one with a running sinker and i outfished my mate by at least 2:1

That being said.....all the big snapper fell victim to the whole pillie on a running ball sinker. The paternoster brought in a few but most were low to mid 30s.

• Thanks 1