Port Stephens- Mixed bag

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Managed a leave pass yesterday as all kids sports were cancelled on Friday. (What a shame). 

Anyway, headed out with Dom and Bevy. We hit seals early and the fishing was slow. No drift no swell and little current. This resulted in very little fish. Came back towards Broughton and dropped deep for a bit which was a donut! Moved back to more familiar territory and the hits started coming. Plenty of tuna busting up all around us but we were still focused on our snaps! 

We hit my go to spot and Bevy hooked up to what we initially thought was a good king but turned out to be a very plump snapper. Dom sight casted into a tuna bust up and landed a healthy macky on snapper gear and I managed a few pannies for the box. Add to that a couple of pearlies, a goaty, bonito and that was pretty much our day! 

For us the fishing was really slow but it was sublime conditions out there! F98F4390-8F7F-44DE-BC3E-E752B7C85545.thumb.jpeg.637bf0e73781e531b886e136bcf86fac.jpeg44A9987F-213C-46F7-883B-82326DAA5448.thumb.png.d7f91eb3c7b84080d29c63e04a613118.png

Thanks for reading! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Good stuff, Jeff! That water looks nice! I’m still waiting to shake this virus. Maybe another week or two. ?

Thanks baz! Get well soon champ. Plenty of fish out there! 

18 hours ago, big Neil said:

Looks like a near perfect day to be on the water Scratchie...a few fish thrown in, gotta be happy with the day. Nice clear pics too.

Hope you get fit again soon Baz. Cheers, bn

Conditions were absolutely perfect out there! In fact to nice so I think the fish had a day off too! We still managed a few so no complaints. But there was a lot of casting. 

13 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Some nice fish there scratchie....... glad u got out and tangled with a few.

Cheers Sam. As I said it was slow. We used sps all day and not a bait in the water. 

34 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hey jeff  nice lookin day  are there any longtails still bein seen

Cheers rick! Yes mate, there still are a few in the mix. All between the Little gibber and north rock! 

• Like 2