Electrical problem

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Guys/Gals,

i lost power to my nav lights, sounder and radio. I think I pulled a yellow wire  out that sits underneath the starboard gunwhale just above my storage. I have a gps there and I think when I swivelled it something caught and I ripped the wire out. It’s odd as I have an isolation switch between the running battery and electronics. 

i’ll post a pic tonight but I’m keen to hear what diagnostic process others feel I should follow? 

Hi mate. It sounds like the radio, sounder and lights are on the same circuit and maybe pulling the yellow on the sounder shorted out the fuse on that circuit which took out the other gear as well. the fuse would be located after the switch and before any of the electrical gear (lights, radio, sounder). But its only a guess as we'd need more info about your boat's wiring set up. Probably easier to talk through. PM sent. 

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 2

Guest Guest123456789

Big thanks to @Zoran who I called on his mobile and fixed it. I pulled a positive cable and and shorted a fuse near the battery and isolation switch. Just replaced the eye connectors to the positive, reattached to terminal then replaced the 10amp fuse. 

3 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Big thanks to @Zoran who I called on his mobile and fixed it. I pulled a positive cable and and shorted a fuse near the battery and isolation switch. Just replaced the eye connectors to the positive, reattached to terminal then replaced the 10amp fuse. 

Glad you're up and running Luke. You did the work mate! Cheers.

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Goos work Zoran - good raider spirit

Thanks so much Donna.  It's always good to give back a bit.  Cheers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1