Chowder Head

SickWolf

The big rock platform on the right of clifton gardens, im pretty sure its called chowder head, i visited not long ago only to find tons of people casting float baits at diving birds. One caught a nice size slimy mackerel but i was wondering what hands around there. I saw some sea urchins in the water, should i use as burley? I don't go rock fishing much so help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, SickWolf said:

The big rock platform on the right of clifton gardens, im pretty sure its called chowder head, i visited not long ago only to find tons of people casting float baits at diving birds. One caught a nice size slimy mackerel but i was wondering what hands around there. I saw some sea urchins in the water, should i use as burley? I don't go rock fishing much so help is appreciated.

There is a topic on this forum "Bradleys Head to Chowder Head' have a look at it

Hi Sickwolf.  I wouldn't collect and use sea urchins from anywhere before checking that's its OK as a lot of our rocks (inside estuaries especially) are intertidal protection areas and you can be fined.   I don't know about that area, but it wouldn't surprise me.   Ron

• Like 1

Chowder Head is great fishing. You can actually catch a huge range of fish from there.

I've seen kingfish and mac tuna from there. Basically anything from the wharf can be caught here. You'll need to burley up to attract the fish... and it gets really busy sometimes...

The ISO fishing guys use this ledge alot