The Fridge, Chinaman's Beach

KingieRun

Hey Guys,

Heading out over the weekend and just heard of a bait spot called The Fridge from an old mate. Would any of you be able to point me too this so called 'bait ground' if you wouldn't mind sharing it but i'm sure its pretty public already.

Cheers,

KR

Yep its a good bait ground- but its the whole bay between the 4 knot zone sign on the western shore and the southern edge of Chinamens Beach- use your sounder and find the bait schools and bomb them. The schools can be anywhere but i tend to do best in 50-60 ft of water rather than the shallower bits

As already stated it is a general area there used to be a small mark on the bottom where rumor has it a fridge was dropped overboard in front of the brown house but it has all but eroded away area is best in summer other places close by that I have heard of but not fished are the cammeray wreck in quakers hat bay or Balmoral Island where the sand meets the weed.

There is definetely a fridge on the bottom there, it comes up pretty nicely on my side scan but its not necessarily where the bait holds- using your sounder in this area is key, you can anchor up or tie off and berley but its much faster to fill the tank by chasing the schools .