Pittwater Fishinh Question?

Novice101

So I guess you are launching at Pittwater... and that's where you will be entering the Hawkesbury's very large river system... at Pittwater you are close to the heads. So it's a very open ended question that you ask.   

Also you mention "on a buoy"... if you plan to tie off on a buoy just be aware that most are taken early afternoon by yachts doing their overnight stay.  Personally I have not had much luck fishing tied off buoys - too much commotion in the area.

If you are considering anchoring then... do you plan to overnight in Pittwater, or are you considering heading up stream to some of the well know bays like Jerusalem Bay or Cowan Ck  (search for hairtail),  or floating livies over the drop of at Flint'n'Steel or Juno point...or just sitting near the mouth of the river ???? 

Please share a bit more about your boat size/capabilities and I'm sure fishraiders will be able to offer more constructive assistance.  Also make sure all your boat navigation lights work and you have all safety gear for the overnight stay. 

Cheers

Zoran