First barra of trip

hookerbruce

Just back from a cruise   Broome to Mitchell Plateau . Had a fish along the way. Fished five short sessions along the way. Caught a lot of fish mainly fingermark and jacks to 50cm, also bream trevally cod and mixed fish. On the last fish I finally nailed a barra and lost one. 

Measured 77cm and tasted very nice for lunch and dinner the next day. 

Also saw all the tourist things and did the helicopter and light plane flights 

20180624_172841.jpg

20180620_073509.jpg

20180624_174519.jpg

• Like 5

Looks and sounds like a great trip Bruce and a nice barra to finish it off with - not that 50cm jacks and fingermark are too sloppy either!

I'm hoping to get up to Broome in the next year or two and interested in doing one of those cruises but the one I looked at was around $10k per person. Were you happy with your boat- food, service, comfort etc as I'd be taking the wife as well?

Fil

Hi 

My  wife was very sceptial before the trip thought she would end up on a fishing boat. 

The trip was fantastic the food was there every time you turned around and was all perfect.

Ate a lot of what we caught oysters crabs and fish plus all the basics steaks lamb cutlets pork loin roast and all the fancy deserts 

Boat had 12 passengers and 5 crew. 

I'll send you a copy of my wife's holiday email she says it all

Bruce 

Good work there Bruce. I will be heading to Broome tomorrow, but you have already left.

I caught a couple of fish along the way up W.A. coast, not many and not much fishing, but the photos will not upload. Will submit a report when I return around September.

13 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work there Bruce. I will be heading to Broome tomorrow, but you have already left.

I caught a couple of fish along the way up W.A. coast, not many and not much fishing, but the photos will not upload. Will submit a report when I return around September.

Good on ya Yowie travel safely mate and we'll all look forward to the report and pics when it happens. Cheers, bn

Hi all

Thanks for all the comments. The cruise in the Kimberly was a once in a lifetime trip. And the fishing was a bonus. Took a long time to find one that had fishing that was affordable. 

After the cruise we spent 4 days at Quondong point north of Broome  it looked very fishy but couldn't get a bite let alone a fish. 

Have moved on from Broome and next serious fish will be at Crab Claw Island  in the NT.

Wait for you in Darwin Dave 

Bruce 

20180628_115029.jpg

• Like 3