cold weather Trevs

With a break in the rain this morning decided to have a quick session to see if any fiah had stirred up from the rain. The bream were completely absent all the first few spots produced was a lone flathead. Stopped at my favourite tree on the way home this spot hasn't produced for awhile expectations were low.

Third cast working deep against the timber a take followed by a short run and pulled hooks. Another cast in the same spot and solid fish on, straight away I thought trev and after the familiar burning runs and fancy rod work to keep out of the timber out comes a nice GT.

20180703_110114.thumb.jpg.c5dbe300466dee3791cbd1c1f705d66b.jpg

A nice mid 30's fish

Couple of casts later and on again this one really took off thinking a monster he turned out to be a low 30's just fowl hooked

20180703_110631.thumb.jpg.3c10205b8d947fd71b57eb1ea45879fc.jpg

he also managed to rip the rear treble mount from my sx40 thats 3 times this has happened ecogear have really dropped their quality

Went to a slightly larger and deeper diver a Maria DSP 45, with plenty of hits 

20180703_112142.thumb.jpg.6680cb82e8f608d33eae17a43e00a1b7.jpg

and a couple of smaller fish casting out to more open water

20180703_112443.thumb.jpg.6e3a53854f43c47285c46c11a8009db6.jpg

these guys are the average winter GT normally seen up here

With the rain prmosing to return thought I'd put the last few casts up against the timber again hoping for another of ther bigger fish. After a few casts another solid take this fish like a rocket after the usual run around again this fish was really testing my skills and finally out came a solid big-eye

20180703_112921.thumb.jpg.d5f98fdec02a270980549eff8c638dd8.jpg

he measured 40cm a new pb and a beast of a big-eye for the river 

the rain started so session ended 

nothing lie some trevs to get the blood pumping hopefully these guys will stick around as they didn't make much of an appearance last winter/spring

cheers for reading 

Dave

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Regan said:

looks like you had a great session at the tree mate and congrats on the PB Big Eye

When they were croaking at me I'm pretty sure they were saying "we want Regan to come and catch us "

• Haha 1

Another great report and pics Dave. A real pity that you're so far away, I'd love to try my luck on that sort of fishing. Well done on the pb too. Might have a look at where you are and see how long it takes to get there. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Another great report and pics Dave. A real pity that you're so far away, I'd love to try my luck on that sort of fishing. Well done on the pb too. Might have a look at where you are and see how long it takes to get there. Cheers, bn

You're always welcome Neil

• Thanks 1