Softplastics storage and maintenance

Hi. I feel my self stupid now. I have been fishing by softplastics several years, but i dont understand what is best way do storage, and how you can fixed some things.

I usually make softplastics dry, before put back to box. But some reason some softplastict change color from bright to matt. Why? Do i put matts to garbage or do what? Allso some sinking heads change color from gray to white, for why?

How you do and storage softplastics and sinking heads, or how it suppose to do? I dont want that all my softplastics move color to matt.

I just leave the tails in the packets they come in, especially if they are the berkley gulp variety.  You can buy containers which you can fill with the gulp liquid and put all the liquid packet tails in them.  

Most packets come in a zip lock style packet, so make sure you seal them back up properly when finished, again especially the liquid packet ones.

I take tacklebags with "worm binders" i think they are called, with me on my trips, so i seal the brand packet using the zip lock, then drop them in the worm binders and zip lock again.

My spare packets, extra stock, un opened packets are generally kept in basic plastic storage containers

Forgot to mention jigheads.  I use segmented plano style containers.  I have some species specific ones ready for trips, but all the extras are in 4 or 5 containers in weight/hook size order.  When i notice my species specific containers running a little low, i simply get a few more out of one of my 4/5 spares containers.

Dont worry about them changing colour.  Most of mine have lightened up a little from dark grey to light grey, and i dont have a problem catching what i target.