Cowan creek and Hawkesbury river

sam bros

Just a quick report

Did an overnight trip on Wednesday night targeting hairtail. Launches at apple tree bay, plan was to head to Jerusalem bay. But there was very thick fog and visibility was barely 10m. GPS helped with navigating the water way, but it was very difficult to see if there was any other boats. 

Decided to be safe and stay at waratah bay. I started Berleyed hard and eventually some life started to show on the sounder.

But unfortunately, could not get a single hit. I was using pilchards and squid for bait.

The next morning, the fog was still really bad and didnt clear until 9am. Headed into the hawkesbury to target some flathead on plastics. Moved around to a couple of my trusty spots and tried a few new areas.  But still could not manage a bite.

Went to Juno point at the tide change with some bigger fresh baits for a jew. But also didnt get a hit

Overall the fishing was very quite, only managed a few undersized fish. But I still thoroughly enjoyed the day. Just being out on the water again was amazing. It was the first fishing trip in about 2 months, because I had uni exams. So hopefully now that exams are over, I will have more time to go fishing

Thanks for the report mate for the area.  Cowan in the morning (fog&sun) is amazing. Do not worry about hairtail much, similar results were reported from both WB and  JB for the week.

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

The Hawkesbury can be like sometimes Sam. Still a great way to unwind after your exams! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Hopefully it gets better next time. 

It was very relaxing day and a good way to get rid of the stress

56 minutes ago, savit said:

Thanks for the report mate for the area.  Cowan in the morning (fog&sun) is amazing. Do not worry about hairtail much, similar results were reported from both WB and  JB for the week.

It was very beautiful, the sunrise is one of the best parts of hairtail fishing.

Hopefully the hairtail come on the bite next week.