Flathead fishing advice

Bilo

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

I am also keen to try these prawn pro squidgy's as well in both paddle tail & wriggler, recon you would catch a variety of species on them.

P-SAF_STD_PROPRAWNWRIGGLER-2.jpg

P-SAF_STD_PROPRAWNPADDLE-1.jpg

Looks like you've got a plan :). let me know how that goes and also what spots you visit. my wrigglers just arrived today, gonna go down to the rosebay flats hopefully soon (ive been studying) and give them a toss. 

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

You're a card Derek...you should be dealt with! LOL. I'm heading back to Sydney (probably October) would like to catch up if possible. We could share some sarcasm. Cheers, bn

Sarcasm.... what is sarcasm?? ?

Neil, I'd really like to catch up with you the next time you get to Sydney. I have a few days owing to me (actually my employer wants me to use a fair few more of the holidays I have accumulated) so will keep a few free for your trip up this way. Would like to see if we can get you both a squid and a king (ideally more than one of each). The kings usually start moving into Sydney harbour in October in numbers so that could align quite well.

• Thanks 1

g@Jake18 I just ordered both of these types in a couple of sizes but probably wont get to use them till spring when I get back out into botany bay in my little tinny, I find the fishing slows right down at this time of year.

Anyway I wont know how they will work for a while or how they will stack up against the gulps or the Zman or squidgy's till then.

I actually don't limit myself to one brand & one type really & anything is worth(I have also used the squidgy wrigglers as well) a try but out of all the brands I have tried to date the gulps have done the job time & time again on the flatties.

Its just my opinion as well but colour does make the difference with the flathead, they seem to like those red/green/orange combo colours more than anything & that the Berkley gulp jerk shads are famous for.

BUT in saying that it could be a locality thing as well?

Good luck with your first try with the squidgy's :biggrinthumb:

Edited by kingie chaser

44 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

g@Jake18 I just ordered both of these types in a couple of sizes but probably wont get to use them till spring when I get back out into botany bay in my little tinny, I find the fishing slows right down at this time of year.

Anyway I wont know how they will work for a while or how they will stack up against the gulps or the Zman or squidgy's till then.

I actually don't limit myself to one brand & one type really & anything is worth(I have also used the squidgy wrigglers as well) a try but out of all the brands I have tried to date the gulps have done the job time & time again on the flatties.

Its just my opinion as well but colour does make the difference with the flathead, they seem to like those red/green/orange combo colours more than anything & that the Berkley gulp jerk shads are famous for.

BUT in saying that it could be a locality thing as well?

Good luck with your first try with the squidgy's :biggrinthumb:

Legend. If i get anything, ill be sure to show pics. fingers crossed :)