Pink Ling (done)

Well there you go !! A fish I have never caught and know nothing about. Tell us more, did you eat it ? was it tasty ? and did it perform well on what gear ?.

Sure there are many on here that would be familiar with the species but bet there are as many that would like to learn more about them.

Frank

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, frankS said:

Well there you go !! A fish I have never caught and know nothing about. Tell us more, did you eat it ? was it tasty ? and did it perform well on what gear ?.

Sure there are many on here that would be familiar with the species but bet there are as many that would like to learn more about them.

Frank

Hi Frank

Thanks for the comment, yes we did eat it and was fabulous, a nice firm white flesh really good battered, crumbed or in a curry.

We got id deep dropping in 500 plus metres and no it was not much of a fight, funnily enough though it had prawn in its stomach.

Thanks

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, kingie chaser said:

I hope it eats well for you.

I have had ling before that's been as tough as an old boot, could be a size thing?

Hi kingy chaser, I must say it is one of the best eating fish I have caught, not tough at all.