All,

Considering that a good sized Blue fin was landed well east of Broken Bay widea couple of days ago, and looking at and studying the forecast  for Saturday I think it is well worth a shot to go for a run. Good temp break, smack bang in the middle of some eddys etc etc.

This is more a call out to see if anyone else will be heading wide.

Call Sign Chicka on VHF 16 and 21.

Hey mate, 

Did you end up going out? I'm going to head out from broken Bay this Saturday assuming the forecast stays the same. 

Cheers 

Isn't Botany bay wide a FAD??

The FADS are not there because its winter & wont be put out until around October/November apparently?

Broken Bay Wide refers to the shelf.

Turned around 10 miles out on Saturday as seas were 4 meters, boat overturned at Brisbane waters and it was horrendous.

Went out again on the Sunday and ran about 45 miles out for zeroes. That was the Sunday the bite was south of Browns. Water looked ok and had some life in it but no luck.

Ran out Sunday just gone to same area, had a nice temp break with bait but zeroes again.

Looking at the SST their seems to be some ok water in between Broken Bay and Browns. I would be heading there. Unfortunately I am working or I would be burning fuel again on Saturday. Will probably give it another couple of weeks until this moon phase shifts.

Good luck and let me know how you go.

theres been report of yellowfin caught yesterday around 1000 fathoms. Bluefin have gone a bit too wide. 

Saw a heap of yellowfin being unloaded at the co-op in Nelson Bay yesterday. Don’t know how far out the longliners were. I was going to ask them but my wife wanted to keep moving along on our walk!

MerryFisher,

That yellowfin was off Port Stephens.

Apparently a couple around that area but to far to take the boat up for the day.

Hopefully the water may continue to push south