Nippers in Bayview Park?

Steven A

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that i love the forum, i have learnt so much here and cant wait to do my part of contribution...when i start to improve that is!

i would just like to inquire if:

- its possible to pump for nippers at the flats near Bayview Dog Park (North of Rowland Reserve)

- anyone has done it lately?

- are there any restrictions to this area in regards to pumping for nippers?

i also hear seeing as its a popular park, it can get quite busy. does anybody have any issues here?

Thanks in advance!

17 hours ago, Steven A said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that i love the forum, i have learnt so much here and cant wait to do my part of contribution...when i start to improve that is!

i would just like to inquire if:

- its possible to pump for nippers at the flats near Bayview Dog Park (North of Rowland Reserve)

- anyone has done it lately?

- are there any restrictions to this area in regards to pumping for nippers?

i also hear seeing as its a popular park, it can get quite busy. does anybody have any issues here?

Thanks in advance!

If your going to fish or even take bait somewhere new then I always check the RMS boating maps for that area-

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/maritime/usingwaterways/maps/boating-maps/9a-pittwater.pdf

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/maritime/using-waterways/maps/boating-maps.html

Edited by kingie chaser
spellimg error

Hi Steven,

Pumping for yabbies in Pittwater is fine but check the maritime websites for restrictions so that you are aware of the rules. On a side note there are a few locations in the Sydney harbour system where you can find them but in this case you area not allowed to collect them.

Was pumping yabbies a few weeks ago in one of the bays a little further around. Was getting them but my best results were at the holes closest to the water at the dead low tide.

Just be careful - this was where my mate Anton stepped on a stingray a little while back while I was introducing him to yabby pumping for his first time. I even did a report about it on Fishraider. I don't want to see anyone go through that experience again.

Good luck,

Derek

15 hours ago, DerekD said:

Hi Steven,

Pumping for yabbies in Pittwater is fine but check the maritime websites for restrictions so that you are aware of the rules. On a side note there are a few locations in the Sydney harbour system where you can find them but in this case you area not allowed to collect them.

Was pumping yabbies a few weeks ago in one of the bays a little further around. Was getting them but my best results were at the holes closest to the water at the dead low tide.

Just be careful - this was where my mate Anton stepped on a stingray a little while back while I was introducing him to yabby pumping for his first time. I even did a report about it on Fishraider. I don't want to see anyone go through that experience again.

Good luck,

Derek

Hi Derek, Thank you for your confirmation. ill definitely check out maritime as a precaution anyways.

Geeez! poor Anton. talk about a first impression!! im always weary when it comes to wading the flats. i havent had any trouble yet but i have had close encounters. just hope it stays that way!