Sign in to follow this  
THE SWEENEY

The No Hairtail Report

After a very cold ,long and bloody windy night 6 boats 12 people not a single fish was caught ,tailor hairie or anything else all up a very poor performance, Cheers Laurie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No way Laurie! In all the years I have known you that is the first report with no hairtail or even any fish!!

I bet Ruth and you were devastated

Unlucky Laurie!!! At least you got out and gave it a go! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

14 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

No way Laurie! In all the years I have known you that is the first report with no hairtail or even any fish!!

I bet Ruth and you were devastated

To be fair, no-fish reports don't usually make very interesting reading. If you want more, I can certainly supply them!

6-boat, 12-angler no-fish reports are a tad more newsworthy though. That sounds like a pretty crappy night.

Where did you guys end up at, thats really strange with no takers

Edited by teddybear
Press wrong button lol

15 hours ago, THE SWEENEY said:

After a very cold ,long and bloody windy night 6 boats 12 people not a single fish was caught ,tailor hairie or anything else all up a very poor performance, Cheers Laurie.

That's terrible Laurie and ALMOST unbelievable. As we all know, fishing can be like that. Sometimes I wonder why we keep doing it...SIMPLE! It's not often that bad. Chin up bn

Thats unfortunate, 

I had my first every doughnut fishing for hairtail last week.

Don't know what is happening. Hopefully it improves soon. 

On 7/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, DaveBM said:

To be fair, no-fish reports don't usually make very interesting reading. If you want more, I can certainly supply them!

6-boat, 12-angler no-fish reports are a tad more newsworthy though. That sounds like a pretty crappy night.

I must apologise very inconsiderate  of me.

I had three donut sessions last two weeks fishing for hairtail @ wb,jb,lgb. Every time the sounder would look crazy with lots of fish and action, yet the bait can stay on the hook untouched the whole night. I’m coming to think the hairtail season ended 

Hey MerryFisher.

Can I ask, did the sounder look like this?

We went about 2 weeks ago and this is what the sounder was showing. All we pulled up was 2 small taylor.

Sounder.JPG

On 7/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, MerryFisher said:

I had three donut sessions last two weeks fishing for hairtail @ wb,jb,lgb. Every time the sounder would look crazy with lots of fish and action, yet the bait can stay on the hook untouched the whole night. I’m coming to think the hairtail season ended 

exact same thing happened to me, plenty of action on sounder but no hairtail

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Jono_b said:

Hey MerryFisher.

Can I ask, did the sounder look like this?

We went about 2 weeks ago and this is what the sounder was showing. All we pulled up was 2 small taylor.

Sounder.JPG

Similar, but I was getting shorter lines, could be the current moving the fish a bit quicker through the water. I reckon they are all tailors as well, was pulling up a few small tailors every now and then a couple of weeks ago when water temp was over 16 degrees. Now that the temp dipped to 14 or below they seem very inactive.