The Entrance Fishing

Koalaboi

Yaama,

Pretty cold and very quiet up here atm.

The lake looks like it will be completely cut off from the ocean very soon. The channel near the sea is only a few feet deep and the sand spit from the north is creeping inexorably south. No luderick fishing near the mouth.

Further back in the system blokes seem to be having on/off days along the wall fishing for blackfish.

Weed is hard to come by.

Flathead flicking with SPs by me has been a waste of time but then I'm not very patient. It's too cold to keep at it with no interest from the fish.

Have had a fish the last two days and nothing. The water is clear, very clear and cold. Bring on summer.....I just hope that the Lake is not cut off from the sea. I am wondering if the new groyne put in to keep sand on The Entrance Beach has had the unintended consequence of closing up the lake?

KB

• Like 1

Koalaboi, I agree, Its very quiet in the lake, I headed up Ourimbah Creek today to see if I could find some EPs or Bream - no luck there. Tried the usual flathead spots near Pelican Island  on the way back and nothing happening there either.

The water temp is cold - I was showing 13.7 degrees and the water level in the lake is fairly high, at 1pm today which would have been close to low tide at the entrance to the lake on the beach, all of the sand flats had a good cover off water over them. 

I noticed the dredge is getting closer down to the channel but not sure if they have a plan to open by machine once they have finished dredging. Hopefully they'll open it right up so the lake gets a decent flush.