Tyres for Ford Ranger

nipper

Hey guys, 

Looking to replace my tyres  and wheels on my dual cab Ford Ranger 2013 XL 3.2 TD Auto. Only got standard rims and tyres. Not much off road use , maybe bit of beach driving but mainly towing boat up to two tonnes up and down the highway. Thinking A/T either Goodyear, Goodrich or Bridgestone 17 in. 

Any recommendation muchly appreciated

Cheers Nipper

I put Pirelli Scorpions on my Pajero about 10,000kms ago - very happy with them, good on the highway especially in the wet, I tow a boat, have been on the beach a couple of times and the odd barbie out in the Watagans. Big improvement on the Dunlops that were on it standard.

Pretty much any decent tyre will suffice for what you do.I ran Maxxis 751,s A/T on the ute and got 80ks out of them driving both on and off road,thru mud etc.I replaced them with 40%tread only due to age.

Im running Kumho road venture  A/T s now doing the same driving and have done 20k and am very happy with the ride,grip etc.

Both tyres towed my boat,horse floats,trailers with no issue.

I would have a budget in mind and look at different tyre reviews,then choose something from there.

Good luck with it.

Its mostly about tyre pressures on sand but if your going to do it alot then a good 50/50 tread will be invaluable but yeh they are much noisier on the road.

I actuallyrun 2 sets of wheels, 1 set of steel rims with with roads & the alloys have mickey thompson Atz p3's..

They are amazing in the sand & mud buy drive me nuts on the tar.