Broughton reds not

rickmarlin62

Fished sat arvo an nite  sun morn at island for a meagre 12 small reds between  34   42 cms  one pearl perch  one trevally one tailor  47 million port jackson sharks  haha  water was 17 deg green and hat brown slime in it clogging on line   the current was pushing 3 to 5 knots making lots of spots unfishable  15 knot westerlies made anchoring in position hard and made for cold conditions  better than sitting on lounge wondering  but once there with 3 mtr swells had me wondering bout lounge lol   no fotos as embarrased not being able to get a decent fish   ruined my record  haha   but  il be back again soon....rick

• Like 3

Great result none the less id be happy with a feed of pannies and pearlies. You did better than me Rick 4am wake up and all i managed to catch yesterday were frostbitten fingers.....

Didnt boat a single fish...not even a bait stealing sargent baker or sweep...

Still a nice feed, Rick! ?

Which direction was that current pushing? I’m thinking of heading out tomorrow - it’s been too long between trips and it looks like I’m almost finally over the virus that’s had me laid up for 8 weeks! At least I think the missus said I could go! ??

Well at least you got a feed and went out - I’ve been too busy with work - stuck ashore for months now !!  Reckon if you catch an 8kg model on next trip your average will hold.  

Best of luck!

Zoran

Unlucky Rick! Broughton has been a struggle the last two weeks. I was up there last Monday and couldn’t find a fish either. The water temp then was 16.5 at best.

Your keen getting out in that rubbish. It’s looking good for this week. Hopefully I can get out sometime soon and find them! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Currents runnin south hard baz  hardly any decent fish on sounder but miles of bait on bottom round nth rock

Thanks, Rick. Just trying to figure which is best... fish south of structure (like The Sisters) and flick plastics back towards it and work back to the boat, or fish north of it and float baits back towards the structure.

As it is, I don’t think I can get to Broughton tomorrow anyway - gotta take the mother-in-law to a medical appointment in Maitland at 2:30. Maybe I can squeeze in a quick session at Boondelbah or Little Island. Need to get out soon - the freezer is running low... only 1 bag of Huon kingfish fillets left and a couple of bags of flathead fillets... need to restock!

Thursday is a possibility for Broughton, though, and possibly less wind. ?