Kings off the stones

Ragnar

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to Sydney and am looking for someone interested in chasing some kings off blue fish or any other ledge around Sydney. I haven't fished blue fish before and have heard it can be a bit dicey but I'm keen to give it a crack!

Anyways hit us up if you're keen!

Cheers ??

hi Ragnar;

You are not wrong.

Bluefish can be very dicey.

In fact there have been a number of fatalities off there over the years.

A word of caution.

The seas are very flat at present.

In the next 48 hours or so there will be a big " roll  back " with I would think very large and  potentiallyt dangerous conditions on ANY rock spot.

Just so PLEASE be aware of this. Hate to read about a Raider going into the drink!!

Cheers.

Roger.

• Like 2

Hi Ragnar,

Out of curiosity what are you targeting and does it specifically have to be off the ocean rocks? Plenty of opportunities inside the harbour too with far less risks. My biggest fish has been a 104cm jewfish off the shore in Middle harbour.

It may also be that ocean fishing is your thing. In that case Seabreeze is a good source of information for forecast swell.

Regards,

Derek

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldfella said:

hi Ragnar;

You are not wrong.

Bluefish can be very dicey.

In fact there have been a number of fatalities off there over the years.

A word of caution.

The seas are very flat at present.

In the next 48 hours or so there will be a big " roll  back " with I would think very large and  potentiallyt dangerous conditions on ANY rock spot.

Just so PLEASE be aware of this. Hate to read about a Raider going into the drink!!

Cheers.

Roger.

VERY good advice Roger the westerly 'rollback' ALWAYS comes and sometimes within a couple of hours, the swells aren't just high, they're usually huge in width and the whole ocean 'lifts' Be careful anyone going in these conditions- I've seen several fatalities and been powerless to help

Hi Roger,

Yea I think most of the best ledges have claimed their fair share of lives over the years! Thanks for your concern mate ??

Hey Derek,

I'd like to target Kingfish as I haven't caught one yet ? Haha I'm not overly concerned if it's off ocean rocks or inside the harbour. I've been reading a few forums trying to find some land based spots along the coast and inside the harbour.

Thats a good Jew mate! ? I've tried targeting them a few times up the parramatta river with no luck! My best is only mid 70's down the south coast!

Cheers,

Ragnar 

Be warned Kingfish are addictive. My first was 61cm when the legal size was still 60cm. Got my second one about 30 minutes later which also came in at 61cm. Been addicted ever since but there are far worse addictions.

You have some great opportunities inside Sydney harbour then to chase them shore based and at very little risk to your health. Can you catch squid? I've gotten them on both lures and squid but find squid to be an easier option. Can put the squid under a float from say one of the less used ferry wharfs or similar. Floating whole or strips of squid unweighted through the water column can also pay dividends. Takes patience but results are worth it.

• Like 2